shane_0_mac

Forum members,

now know this- the above member shane-0-mac was paypaled by me several hundred dollars nearly a month ago for a small home theatre system. He had posted on this Forum wanting information about pricing the Klipsch/Sony/AR system and I started correspondence with him. We came to agreement on May 3, I paypaled the agreed upon amount, and have received nothing but empty promises. 'Couldn't get to UPS', 'I'll ship it Friday', 'Emergency trip for work', etc.

I emailed him last week and told him that if I did not received merchandise soon that I would consider this a fraudulent sale and contact my credit card company and Paypal. Is there any other avenue I can use to get my money back?

Michael- kicking himself right now for being so trusting.

You have to be trusting that a second party will complete the transaction as agreed upon. Otherwise, nothing would be sold online! As soon as you completed your half of the transaction, the seller should have completed his in a timely manner, 2-3 days tops!

I recently purchased a D-Link USB adapter and I was told it was B2 version, the version I needed for my TIVO. I receive it and it turns out to be a B1 version. Now, I don't know if it is going to work or not but ultimately, some people are just like that... (at least it was shipped quickly!)

Later,

D

Well, I did have his phone # and spoke with him this am, says its been shipped, I asked him to follow up with tracking and get back to me. Hope this works out okay. The little system is for a photog friend of mine, hate to take a bath on it!

Michael

Michael... I will lay The Smackdown on him, put his head in a choke hold, and get his sister Stephanie to crawl all over ME nake... Woops, hold his legs down while the ref doesn't see her, as I get the 3 count..

(only wrestling fans would understand this I am sure... LOL)

If you got his name and number.. relax some... keep calling every few days be nice... he may just be busy!

talked to Shane today, it 'didn't get mailed' while he was gone. Supposedly went out today United States Post Office- for a mini stereo system- 5 speakers, sub, receiver and stands. ANYTHING but USPS, oh well, I'll be happy to get it finally. Fingers crossed for Monday.

M

Well, I got an angry msg from Shane today. Says he wishes he didn't do business with me, since I bad mouthed him on the Forum. He'd rather I'd send him the entire package back and he'd refund my money. Tell you what Shane, I was honest and fair about helping you price your system, and really was appreciative of your willingness to pack and ship it all, even paying half the shipping cost yourself. You were being more than fair. However, there have been TWO instances where you promised that you would ship the merchandise and have just not followed through. This has made me more than a little nervous because this being a deal through the Forum I don't have much financial recourse.

If I hadn't purchased this for my best friend to use in his gallery, I'd be glad to ship it back to you. Sorry you feel that way. I've waited nearly a month for the shipment. At this point I'll be happy to get it all in one piece and bear you no ill will. This will be my last post unless something is damaged in shipping.

Water under the bridge...

Michael

I've thought about posting about certain forum members lack of follow through but decided against it. It's a tough call to make. Since I'm still waiting for a couple to follow through (and it's been a while!!!), there may come a point........

Anyway, I'm glad it worked out for you in the end Michael. Personally, I don't like to accept money unless I've already shipped something, particularly when it's a member I've known for a while (like you).