best receiver for my ht

rockos

Hey guys...this is my first post. I have been reading in this forum for awhile and just now posting. It is a great place. Well I finally did it after months of wanting and wishing I am soon to be a first time Klipsch owner. I bought the RF-7, RC-7, and RS-7 along with the RSW-15 sub. It will all be here soon. Well here is my question...I need to order a receiver to go along with this setup. I have been looking into the Denon 4806. They are coming out with the 4806s with the silver finish in a couple weeks so I have time before i decide. I will be ordering the new Mitsubishi 62" WD-62927 in sept once it is released. So those are the specs I am looking at. I mostly will use it for Home theatre. Is this the best receiver or any other recommendations. Thanks again for having me.

Depending on your budget, you may want to look at separates instead. You will find many postings on this forum detailing the benefits of driving the RF-7's with a good power amp instead of a receiver. I personally like the Bryston pre and power amps. Many other forum members like the sound of Rotel with Klipsch speakers. Since you have the time I recommend visiting a few dealers and auditioning various receivers and separates. Then choose the one you like the best.

Welcome,and I'm sure you'll enjoy your 7s.George gave ya good advise,you have several options for the price of the 4806.Denon makes good solid reliable products,I've owned many,but you can do a little better if music is a factor for similar $,imo.As was mentioned,audition everything you can in your price range.

I have one suggestion look at the B&K seperates they sound awe-some with the head room and power and flexability(my buddy has them swears by them). I also Like Audio Outlaws seperates with dampning factor off the charts.But with the Klipsch being so efficient the sky is the limit...

Welcome to the forum!

The problem with receivers is that the amp section cannot handle low impedances in most instances. Your new RF-7s dip as low as 2.8 ohms which is not receiver territory. A good separate amp will do a better job.

Many folks start with a receiver and add amps over time. Receivers frequently have a better feature set. Sound quality is usually not as good as separates until you get up high on the quality (and price) end.

Bill

If you go to www.outlawaudio.com you can look at the pre pro that is a smoking deal. No showroom or middleman. Take a look at the big 7 channel amp and look at the specs I was very impressed and the processor is second to none. Let me know what you think.

Welcome to the forum. Given the speakers and TV you mention, I assume you have a pretty high budget for your amp? If so, you have a lot of options. I went with Rotel, but B&K is very nice. You may also want to look into Parasound and Aragon.

Good luck!

I have heard great thigs said about the pioneer elite 56txi reciever which you can mate with a separate power amp if you wish. Many people get a two channel amp to power the mains and let the receivers amps power the rest of the speakers. Whatever you decide to purchase, take a look at the site Audiogon.com first before you buy.

Also, you might want to investigate some front projectors for your home theater before buying your 61" TV.

I have a 90" diagonal picture with mine. I will be buying a new one soon which will give me a 106" diagonal from the same distance and we are talking about a great picture as well.

Happy Hunting

I will log another vote for separates. I have had a couple Denon amps. I just retired the AVR 3300. While I thought the sound was very good, changing to separates is like night and day differenc. The Reference 7's deserve the best you can afford.

Good luck in your decission.

John

Welcome to the forum rockos. 1.gif

2 years ago I had pretty much the same decision you have. I was deciding between the Denon 5803 and the B&K 507--Then the 4802R came along. It was between $1200 and $2200 cheaper than the other 2 and had all of the power I needed. I am still considering using it as a preamp, but haven't felt the need to upgrade, and it's been 2 years. If you are not on a budget then I would take the advice of going separates. You couldn't go wrong.

Another idea would be buy the 4806 when it comes out. Use the money you save (assuming it's cheaper) to buy a set RF-5's to use as side surrounds along with your RS-7's(The Denon allows 2 sets of side surrounds;-).Then buy a pair of RB-75's to use as rear speakers in a "9.1 configuration".

I have something similar and it sounds Awesome! Good Luck.