I think I scared off a newbie! Sorry

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that particularly struck me in one of the posts by the now-deleted ex-Forum member with the Cinema Jubilees in his home system was when he said he listened to Cleo Laine on his new speakers and it brought tears to his eyes. Laine is a singer who had a four-octave range, and I don't recall her ever being mentioned here.

I remember the poster said he'd had experience with Klipschorns and other Heritage speakers, so his opinion of the Cinema Jubilees was an informed one.

I sure wish we could have seen photos of how he had them set up in his very large listening room.

----------------

On 6/11/2005 9:19:16 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Recently a person on here had a huge commercial system he bought? At first, I thought it was a joke, or a kid bragging. Looking at how it was written, he kept saying one thing then said something else..

So I called him on it.. He said he would post pics a week later I waited a week and still no pics.. This was a k 535 system probably 7-10k for TWO speakers... I can't imagine it in a medium sized room, so I started to ask Questions.. Like we all would. (This system is for a movie theater... Not really home use.. My own HT is almost as big as his supposedly big room I was thinking way overkill... )

As it would happen, sometimes were wrong on here and he did order it.. So here was a legit "newbie" and I am afraid I scared him off. I am sorry. We all could have learned from this I guess on why he chose such a system.

That said, I still would have questioned him, just maybe a little tamer... The thread is now gone, so my appologies to Trey and Amy, especially the new guy if I went to far. Personally I thought I was ok, but appearantly I went a little far.

I mean heck, come on the board..I have this blah blah blah... Don't you think your going to get some feedback??? Especially with a HUGE commercial system in your house?

I am under some stress trying to get my HT done.

I just wanted to be sure were still friends?

----------------

Try using the 'I' word rather than the 'WE' word when offering an apology.

Sounds like a kid-type jealously involved. Grow up.

Keith

IndyKlipschFan sez:

"Look under the Home Theater thread under HT Progress. See Paul, it is real..LOL... I am just sorry it will not be done in enough time for the Klipsch weekend. Maybe next year we can do something here. "

Oh, yeah sure Roger, we all know it's a mock-up. You can clearly see that those aren't real 2x4's they're polystyrene. The wonders of Photoshop! Didn't you work for NASA out in the desert in the late 60's? It was the film production crew, wasn't it?

yer bud,

Michael

----------------

On 6/11/2005 7:41:41 PM edwinr wrote:

Edit: I missed the previous thread. But it sounds like a big misunderstanding.

----------------

I missed it too. Oh well, screw 'em if he can't take a joke! He should've posted pics. I have, and my profile proves it!11.gif

----------------

On 6/11/2005 11:28:44 PM johnyholiday wrote:

i leave this place for 48 hours ,an the place goes haywire, or is this like the the mayberry episode, were aunt bea leaves,an the sherrif, an opie ,have everything clean, an then they relize aunt bea won't feel needed,an they rush home an throw food an ketchup everywere

----------------

Thanks for the memories. That was a classic episode.

----------------

On 6/11/2005 8:14:03 PM Piranha wrote:

What do you think they're doing with all their free time?

----------------

In the first year of marriage everytime you "do the deed", put a peanut in a jar. After the first year, every time you "do the deed" take one out. I have heard claim that the jar will never be emptied. My guess is,they are putting peanuts in a jar.....LMAO9.gif9.gif

"In the first year of marriage everytime you "do the deed", put a peanut in a jar. After the first year, every time you "do the deed" take one out. I have heard claim that the jar will never be emptied."

Personally yes, the first year is/was incredible... If it wasn't, why did you get married anyhow?

IMO even more sad if you do NOT empty out the jar. I am sure in 11 years of marriage.. we have emptied that out many times over... And our first year was great too! Enough said..

----------------

On 6/12/2005 10:22:52 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

I am sure in 11 years of marriage.. we have emptied that out many times over... And our first year was great too! Enough said..

----------------

You're gonna have to post some pictures or video if you want us to believe it.

Seeing how a lot of Eagles songs are interspective of their own lives.... And I really think Don Henley should listen to his own self, in that one for sure... Another case of I love his music... WOW... is he full of himself personally or what? LOL

I will take your advice.. I am over it..

----------------

On 6/12/2005 10:52:54 AM Parrot wrote:

----------------

On 6/12/2005 10:22:52 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

I am sure in 11 years of marriage.. we have emptied that out many times over... And our first year was great too! Enough said..

----------------

You're gonna have to post some pictures or video if you want us to believe it.

----------------

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there! 9.gif

I think some of these guys here get way too sensitive or somethin. They don't even like when someone likes Reference Line if they are using Heritage Line, and will start to cut down the RF-7.

My first introduction as a newbie here was Dylanl calling me a pie hole just because he didn't like how I writes or my excitement for my great RF-7 speaker I likes so much from me other Klipsch speakers I used to have.

I think kindness is a much better glove to have on for us newbies or we will just want to leave. I read on one of the other forums some guys talking how they don't visit the Klipsch

forum no more cause how they are, not sure whats they mean but if it is like Dylanl callin me a pie hole, that's really rude. Now every time I see Dylanl name here, I right away don't like and ignor any thing he post and have no respect for him. 6.gif

In all fairness, Klipsdude, there were multiple forum members who got on your case for the tone of your posts. It had nothing to do with your taste in speakers. I'm glad you changed your tone and decided to stay...

David