I think I scared off a newbie! Sorry

IndyKlipschFan sez:

"Recently a person on here had a huge commercial system he bought? At first, I thought it was a joke, or a kid bragging. Looking at how it was written, he kept saying one thing then said something else..

So I called him on it.. He said he would post pics a week later I waited a week and still no pics.. This was a k 535 system probably 7-10k for TWO speakers... I can't imagine it in a medium sized room, so I started to ask Questions.. Like we all would. (This system is for a movie theater... Not really home use.. My own HT is almost as big as his supposedly big room I was thinking way overkill... )

As it would happen, sometimes were wrong on here and he did order it.. So here was a legit "newbie" and I am afraid I scared him off. I am sorry. We all could have learned from this I guess on why he chose such a system.

That said, I still would have questioned him, just maybe a little tamer... The thread is now gone, so my appologies to Trey and Amy, especially the new guy if I went to far. Personally I thought I was ok, but appearantly I went a little far.

I mean heck, come on the board..I have this blah blah blah... Don't you think your going to get some feedback??? Especially with a HUGE commercial system in your house?

I am under some stress trying to get my HT done.

I just wanted to be sure were still friends?"

Bottom line, yes we're all still friends. It's easy to get carried away, especially when typing, I find myself posting words that I would never say to someone in person. It takes a big man to admit doing wrong and apologizing, which you've done Indy. That being said, perhaps the others might consider not posting pros and cons of the situation, it just gets the original thread topic up and running again. Thanks for your notes Amy. We'll all try to grow up a little from all this.

Michael

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....."Bottom line, yes we're all still friends. It's easy to get carried away, especially when typing,".........

It's done. We were harsh, at worst. We learned. It is finished.

Lets stop trying to defend one side or another.

You guys are beating it to death. Maybe we did goof as a unit.

Put it behind us and go on.

Regards,

Terry

Did anyone notice the finger over the lens in the photo of Mrs K in the middle photo? Is that the finger of Paul W. Klipsch?

Michael

also on the last photo, there is a cardboard box clearly visible on the left and on the right the door of the thermostat has been left open. Cant quite get a reading on the wall mounted barometer though!

----------------

On 6/11/2005 6:21:57 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Did anyone notice the finger over the lens in the photo of Mrs K in the middle photo? Is that the finger of Paul W. Klipsch?

----------------

PWK took the photo, but I can't swear to it that it is his finger.

Is that a thermostat or a burglar alarm touchpad?

----------------

On 6/11/2005 5:52:10 PM DeanG wrote:

The picture on the wall is crooked too, or is it the wall?

----------------

LMBO Dean....We need to shoot elevations and calculate diagonal measurements to verify the exact locations of both Pie and picture.

2.gif

Terry