Adventure into the unknown

Woodog

A few weeks ago a friend of mine, Steve, told me that a mutual friend (an elderly female Unitarian minister), Mary, had asked him if he would be interested in some old electronic stuff that her recently deceased husband (he was 82) had amassed. He said she wanted to empty the storage shed it was in (about 10' x 15') and was going to take it to goodwill if he wasn't intereseted in it.

Well, just a few moments ago Steve told me that he had retrieved all of it... two van loads worth, and would I like to come over in a bit to check it out.

Of course I told him NO WAY... I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST in stereo and radio stuff that was collected during the 40's 50's and 60's. (not exactly what I said, ya know)

Off on an adventure... I have absolutely no idea what to expect, but I'm more than a bit excited. 3.gif

Will report back later on what's there, remarkable or not.

Woo

Alrighty then...

first look... lots of boxes... (I mean LOTS of boxes) some notable finds.

Harman Kardon T300X tube tuner

Altec 353 High Fidelity integrated power amplifier

Leak series 20 EL34 based power amplifier (made in Great Britain).. absolutely beautiful shape (without tubes, though)golden beige color

aha! .... it's this one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3280&item=5779411206&rd=1

Heathkit preamp and poweramp

a couple of speakers that were smallish and very heavy that we weren't able to get into in the time frame I had (promised the kid and one of his girlfriends I would take them to a movie tonight)

Several smallish homemade amps

a couple of old radios (model unknown)

tube sockets, selector switches, wires, connectors, some testing equipment, lotsa cool gizmos... and

boxes and boxes and boxes of RCA, Amperex, Mullard, Seiman, Sylvania, etc. tubes as well as loose tubes. All but a few were marked 'good' and 'new'. 12ax7's, 12at7's, 6u8s, el34, 6bq5's, and lots of others. Most are RCA's. I would say there are probably between 150 to 200 tubes there.

I've gotta get a digital camera! That's all there is to it!

At the present, however, going to take the kid to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith. (funny that I want to see Sharkboy and Lava Girl, they want to see the shoot-em-up comedy... go figure) I could have stayed much longer over there... there are boxes we didn't even get to.

woo