woooden horns

awsjr

"several of the photos show two horns of different sizes, some show horns in darker wood, what exactly is for sale here?"

The smaller 800hz horn with a 1" throat (similar to an Altec 811B). He will do any finish you want with about a three week lead time.

Contact him about the larger horn shown, a 500hz horn (similar to the original Klipsch K5 horn with the vanes in the throat).

He also makes a clone of the JBL 2397 (not shown), this horn also has vanes in the throat.

http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/2397.pdf

I have corresponded with this guy, he seems nice and serious about his work, he also is willing to answer any questions one might have.

He also makes a 311 equivalent (300hz), the prices are reasonable for the beautiful work IMHO.

regards, tony

On <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />6/15/2005 8:11:43 PM sunnysal wrote: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have corresponded with this guy, he seems nice and serious about his work, he also is willing to answer any questions one might have.

He also makes a 311 equivalent (300hz), the prices are reasonable for the beautiful work IMHO.

regards, tony

----------------

Tony-

I agree. Ive exchanged emails with the guy, but Ive misplaced the email address and their web address. Do you have either or both?

They also make a folded corner horn patterned after the Khorn bass bin, but larger, as I recall.

While doing a Google search for the sellers website, I ran across the following:

http://www.woodhorn.com/

Its not the same fabricator, but it too is interesting.

I emailed the seller to get the web address.

Heres a link to the eBay auction: Solid Wood Horns Inspired by JBL, Altec, TAD

Thanks