Listening chair?

fini

20050617_00014.jpg

My chair - both a rocking chair and a recliner. Reclining is to any angle down to almost flat. The handy thing is that except when fully reclined you are facing forwards (designed with TV watching in mind no doubt) so the soundstage does not suffer unduly.

The additional benefit of listening reclined is that this places your ear at about the same height as the tweeters and therefore provides a real feeling of height to the presentation of orchestral works.

(Photo quality not the best - sorry about that - but it is not bad considering it was taken with my mobile phone!!)

post-6383-13819266536416_thumb.jpg

this is a great thread I think. I am currently using a black leather sofa with three cushion seating. I sit in the middle one with plenty of arm room. I set a couple pillows under my arms sometimes for more comfort. Slack back. I would prefer a Leather recliner with a high back with very good neck support.

The best chair that I have use was a massage chair from the Sharper image. Remote controlled recline. Really comfortable. It now resides in a different room because of new couches.

The new couches are overstuffed leather that recline. I fall asleep in them all the time. The seat is very important.

Chris

----------------

On 6/16/2005 10:12:43 PM sputnik wrote:

Check into these. I posted a photo in another thread. My wife ordered them from Pottery Barn and they're great. Solid, very comfortable, and good leather. They also react to music well and provide a nice massage when the deep bass kicks in.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/pbchairs.jpg">

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/livingroom3.jpg">

----------------

Sputnik, lovely room and stone work.

What's the deal on that mini-rack you have your amps on? I'm looking for something very similar!

----------------

On 6/18/2005 11:04:20 AM Chris Robinson wrote:

.........What's the deal on that mini-rack you have your amps on? I'm looking for something very similar!

----------------

We picked this up from a local hifi shop that sells high end stuff to rich people moving in here. Despite it's looks, it is very solid and heavy. It's perfect for us. It was on the store floor to display a Krell system. The store was changing to a more high tech HT image and was selling off the regular hifi display stuff. There is no makers mark on it. I saw one like it on eBay once. If you like, I could try to find out if these are still available.

rack16.jpg

post-17394-13819266538206_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/18/2005 12:43:50 PM Erukian wrote:

sputnik, that doesnt look to hard for a person to just build themselves. I'm sure you could save a lot of money, plus chose the wood which matches whatever wood you normally go with.

-Joe

----------------

Yeah. It's a very simple design. I can provide more detailed pics and measurements if you want.

seems like listening chairs should come in pairs. personally I prefer sharing music with friends and family on a big California couch. as long as the listener is positioned mostly upright and into the center of the soundstage I would think any piece of furniture should work. a lone listening chair is ok if you prefer to be mostly alone.

recalling the egg chairs of past. .

eggchair.jpg

I laughed at this.

elechair.jpg

so a minimum of 20 watts is sent through a phase splitter by pulling the switch?

----------------

On 6/18/2005 12:51:22 PM sputnik wrote:

----------------

On 6/18/2005 12:43:50 PM Erukian wrote:

sputnik, that doesnt look to hard for a person to just build themselves. I'm sure you could save a lot of money, plus chose the wood which matches whatever wood you normally go with.

-Joe

----------------

Yeah. It's a very simple design. I can provide more detailed pics and measurements if you want.

----------------

Here is a similar one for a great price in an A/V style.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=PLATL3VM