• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 6/17/2005 8:43:21 PM Woodog wrote:

I'm still looking for Mr. Cent's candy shop. Evidently those lollipops he sells are very popular with the ladies.

Woo

----------------

That's one of the grossest song's I've ever tried to listen to. Im not into rap or any of that. I stay mostly with rock/classic rock :P

A hollaback girl is a girl that will "holla back," or "hit you back up," or get back in touch with you. Hence, "holla" back (at you). Mainly, it's a booty call girl, better known as a girl that is readily on tap, or a girl that will give you sex once you give her a call (or a two way message).

And eating a banana is quite clearly a phallic reference...

----------------

On 6/17/2005 8:28:07 PM jdm56 wrote:

Is it some kind of sexual reference, or is Miss Stefani on the Chiquita payroll? I need to know!

----------------

I'll have to ask Mr. Carl Lidner that one. He owns Chiquita and his office is right across the street from where mine was.

----------------

On 6/17/2005 9:55:55 PM nicholtl wrote:

A hollaback girl is a girl that will "holla back," or "hit you back up," or get back in touch with you. Hence, "holla" back (at you).
Mainly, it's a booty call girl, better known as a girl that is readily on tap, or a girl that will give you sex once you give her a call
(or a two way message).

And eating a banana is quite clearly a phallic reference...----------------

I can vaguely remember those days. Ahh, but the memories. 1.gif

i'm so...confused. i like Nic's definition, and after all, he IS from L.A.10.gif but, CTP's definition makes sense, too.

now about that bananas thing; exactly what kind of lewd and lascivious behavior is she talking about? assuming she's not just concerned about our potassium levels, that is.9.gif

GAWD, we are getting OLD gentlemen! Even I had no idea what this was and I am known for being somewhat cool amoung my contemporaries.

I don't remember a girl ever having casually called me just for sex, and now it's a regular thing that they have a term for, that they sing about in public?

Of course back when I was twenty, unprotected sex with someone you didn't kill you either.

Thanks Nick, we shall live vicariously through your exploits!

Michael

Crazytubepower is right, also. The term can mean slightly different things depending on the context it's used in. In Stefani's song, however, I'm pretty sure she's referring to the "booty call" slang.

It can even be something as simple as meaning a girl that says "wassup" back to you. Innocent enough...

I can't believe we're actually having a serious discussion about Gwen Stefani singing "cuz I ain't no hollaback girl, cuz I ain't no hollaback..."

----------------

On 6/18/2005 1:48:05 PM nicholtl wrote:

----------------

On 6/17/2005 8:43:21 PM Woodog wrote:

I'm still looking for Mr. Cent's candy shop.

----------------

Just go down to your local whorehouse. That's what it is. (!)

----------------

nah, they'd just have me spendin' all I got. 2.gif

Woo