Not sure about these RF-7's for $1100

The scratch is something you have to determine if you can live with

it. Being Demo's is not a problem to me. It's not like the speakers

are going to wear out like a car. Just check them out to make

sure nothing is wrong. $1,100 is a good deal.

• Like 1

----------------

On 6/22/2005 11:13:50 AM MichaelShaffer wrote:

Is that bad? Can it be fixed? ----------------

Yes, it can be fixed, but it should allow you to ask for a lower purchase price.

It's really only bad if it makes the speaker buzz.

----------------

On 6/22/2005 7:42:29 AM MichaelShaffer wrote:

Somebody on Audiogon offered me these RF-7's for $1100 + $150 shipping. They're under warranty but have some dents and scratches.

----------------

They are not worth it by far. Firstly, the warranty is not tranferable, and secondly, I wouldn't buy speakers in that condition... and at $1100 you could get a set that's damn near perfect.

The fact is that RF-7s retail for $2k... with a good discount, you could grab a brand new pair from an authorized dealer for $1600 or less... and here you are, thinking offering $1250 for these. Those $350 will come back to haunt you time and time again.

If you're looking for used, you can do a WHOLE lot better for $1100, but if you just add $350-400 more than you're willing to pay, then you can have a brand new set.

----------------

On 6/23/2005 3:06:30 PM TheEAR wrote:

What a shame,the upper and lower woofer dustcap are poked! Why is the bum who abuses his speakers this way.Some people do not deserve quality speakers.

----------------

If they truely are demo models, that can explain the condition of the dustcaps. Its basically customers who do that to them when they are demos at the store. People just get off to damaging dust caps on demos I guess. 7.gif

Oh... and I would pass on those for $1100, you can pick up a new pair for not much more if you shop around, and be able to find a nice used pair for a lower price.

I got mine from The Goodguys. I paid $2000, couldn't wait, and didn't want to have them shipped from Brandnamez after hearing bad stories. But at least I got 2 1/2 years interest free on the speakers and a Canon Digital Rebel. Both great products.

----------------

On 6/23/2005 10:07:46 PM rockbobmel wrote:

----------------

On 6/22/2005 11:13:50 AM MichaelShaffer wrote:

Is that bad? Can it be fixed?

----------------

You can , G E N T L Y !!! SUCK THEM BACK WITH A LOW POWERED VACUUM CLEANER HOSE.

----------------

Nah nah and NAH.Does not work this way,this old trick works on paper and some softer plastics.And works well. Here we have an ALUMINUM duscap and a vaccum cleaner would have to de of industrial power and have a a rubber ring around the end of the hose to even try to fix teh problem. And besides aluminum will not take its shape back without very visible deformation.

So this vaccum trick will not correct the problem.