OT: eBay sign-in

fini

It seems like, for the last couple of months, eBay has been asking me to sign-in every 3rd or 4th visit. I check the "keep me signed in" box, but it doesn't work. Is this happening to anyone else?

Interesting.

I thought I was the only one with this problem.

It used to work just fine. Then I installed a new antivirus program and a firewall upgrade, and it stopped working. Probably just a coincidence that it stopped working at the same time.

I find it is very frustrating that even after I sign in, when I go to place a bid, I have to sign in again. Especially since I'm a "snipper" and always wait until the last minute to bid.

But I've gotten used to it so I suppose it's just the way it works

15.gif

One thing I've noticed about this. While I have to sign in again and again with my browser, on my wife's computer I can get back in without signing in again. Perhaps something in the browser settings that could be changed to make it more convenient.

In this new software they have installed, for a couple of weeks those of us with webtv could sign our user name, password and the SSL Secure sign in did nothing. We could change our passwords, sometimes get into the "MyeBay" summary page, but could not even search.

In the webtv user's talk, a number of people who had listed items could not do anything. It will be fun to see how the fees, how the bids at ending go and how many people leave negative feedbacks for sellers or buyers.

I can see the need for change, but as within the Department I was in, everything had to be checked out for user compatability before implementation.

Because of the problem eBay has lost a number of users. But that also caused people to re-register under a different name - for some that worked. Thus the higher number of 0 feedbacks.

----------------

On 6/29/2005 10:05:45 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

One thing I've noticed about this. While I have to sign in again and again with my browser, on my wife's computer I can get back in without signing in again. Perhaps something in the browser settings that could be changed to make it more convenient.
----------------

What do you mean your browser? Like when you open Internet Explorer? Or are you talking about signing on to Windows?