Jazz Records for sale.

I thought I list these here over the weekend and give you guys a shot at them before they go to ebay.

1. Johnny Griffin, Blue Note 1559 "A Blowing Session" MONO deep groove original with "New York 23" labels. This a great session with Griffin, Mobley, Coltrane, Lee Morgan, Wynton Kelley, Paul Chambers and Art Blakey. The

jacket is VG with some browning on the back due to taped corners and there is some seam and spine wear--still a

nice jacket. The disc plays BEAUTIFULLY--there is only one feelable scratch at the end of side 2 and it barely

makes any noise at all. This is a really nice copy of a VERY rare LP. $375

2. Sonny Rollins, Blue Note 1558 "Vol. 2" MONO deep groove pressing with 47 W. 63rd labels. Another classic Blue Note

where Rollins is joined by Jay Jay Johsnon on trombone, Paul Chambers, Art Blakey and Horace Silver. Thelonious

Monk sits in for SIlver on two cuts that he composed. A KILLER RECORD! The jacket is nice, with some slight

delamination along the leading edge and minor seam and spine wear--a sold VG+. This disc is great--plays and

looks VG++. $150

3. Sonny Rollins, Blue Note 1581 "A night at the Village Vanguard" MONO deep groove original with "47 W. 63rd" label.

A trio date with Wilbur Ware on bass and Elvin Jones on drums (Pete LaRoca replaces Jones and Donald Bailey

replaces Ware on one cut). Rollins finest hour on Blue Note--this is one of the greatest jazz records of all time--

PERIOD! The jacket is borderline VG with corner, seam and spine wear, but still pretty nice. The disc is visually VG

with multiple scuffs and harilines but plays MUCH better than it looks. This recording has AMAZING fidelity. This was

my main playing copy for many years (Gary and Scott both heard it on their visit here earlier this year) until I scored

a NM copy for BIG $$$$ a few weeks ago. Some slight surface noise, but not enough to take ANYTHING away from

the music. $125

4. Tina Brooks, Blue Note 4041 "True Blue," MONO deep groove original with "47 W. 63rd" labels. Another Blue Note

gem--perhaps THE most collectible orignal Blue Note and one of the greatest pure "hard bop" Blue Note dates.

Brooks is joined by Freddie Hubbard on trumpet, Duke Jordan on piano, Sam Jones on bass and Art Taylor on

drums. The jacket has no seam splits, and very little wear at all--would be nearly perfect if not for some VERY

minor moisture damage along the bottom which caused slight browning, but NO warpage or delamination. The

record is VG with some scuffs and hairlines but plays well--surface noise is really only noticable in the quiestest of

passages. There is some SLIGHT smearing to the side 2 label--you really have to stare to notice, but it's there.

A very solid copy of a VERY rare record. $750

5. Jackie McLean and John Jenkins, "Alto Madness," MONO early 1980's GREEN label Prestige in NM condition--pre

"OJC" but still pressed by Fantasy. Promo stamp on back. This is a killer 2-alto blowing date from 1957.

Nice record. $8

6. Lee Konitz "Inside HiFi," Atlantinc 1258 MONO Japanese 1970's pressing in beutiful condition. Jacket has

some minor ring wear. Nice record. $12

7. Max Roach "Plus 4 and More" Emarcy MONO Japanese pressing, early 1980s. Raoch is joined by Sonny Rollins,

Hank Mobley, Kenny Dorham, George Morrow and Billy Wallace. SOLID hard bop from the masters. Record and

jacket ar NM. $15

8. Duke Ellington "Jazz Party" MONO original 6-eye Columiba. Duke with DIzzy Gillespie, Johnny Hodges, Jimmy\

Rushing and others. VG jacket, VG++ vinyl. Fun record that plays beautifully. $10

9. Johnny Coles "Little Johnny C" MONO original Blue Note 4144 with New York labels. A tough record to find in ANY

condition--Coles is joined by Joe Henderson, Duke Pearson, Bob Chanshaw, Walter Perkins, Pete La Roca and

Leo Wright. Jacket is OK with one chewed corner--No splits or writing, one small tear on cover. Disc is VG- and

plays with surace noise (clicks and pops--NOT blown out grooves). But when the music gets COOKIN you'll

have a hard time noticing. $45

10. Grant Green "Idle Moments" MONO original Blue Note 4154 with New York lables. This is GaryMD's favorite jazz

record! Green on guitar joined by Joe Henderson, Bobby Hutcherson on vibes, Duke Pearson on piano, Bob

Cranshaw on bass and Al Harewood on drums. The jacket is VG+ with minor seam and spine wear-- nowritng or

ring wear-- NICE! Record labels are faded slightly--someone might have washed this record in the sink

at one time? Labels are NOT smeared--just slightly faded. The vinyl is visually VG+ with only slight scuffs.

There is minor surface noise in quiet passages. $90

These will list on ebay next Wednesday if there aren't any takers. THANKS!

One day??? It seems to me it's already worth quite a bit! I've seen this LP (in NM condition) go for almost $2K on ebay!

Like housing prices, these LPs have been increasing significantly in value since I began collecting just a few years ago. Some thought I was nuts to pay over $100 for an LP but I have quite a few that have more than doubled in value over the past 2 years.

Thanks for offering them here first Allan. I don't know if you'll get any buyers but I'm sure you'll do better on ebay anyway.

These are nice offerings at very nice prices. As I have most of them. Thanks for the offers to members first. I need to got throught my records and make some deals here also. Darn I'm lazy though. The thought of going throught almost 6,000 records is a pain but I've been putting it off for years as many can be gotten rid of and weeded out. 15.gif

----------------

On 7/2/2005 10:43:26 PM st. patrick wrote:

Allan, one more glass of wine tells me I'd better get #2 as well . . . if it is really killer! patrick----------------

You've got it. I just pulled this one out and the jacket is not as nice as I described--I must have had a brain fart or something--it's only VG. This DISC is VG++ or better! I just played it-- DEAD QUIET. The price just dropped to $100

And yes, it's an AMAZING record.