Anyone in or near Boston, MA who would like to do me a HUGE favor?

I want to buy these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5786626252&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

but I need someone to pick them up and ship them to me. I don't expect anyone to do it for NOTHING--but just be willing to help me out. I have a pair of 12" Tannoy Reds that would be right at home in these boxes.

Let me know . . .

Where exactly are they? They look like they would be a bear to pack but at least you wouldn't have to worry about scratching pristine woodwork. If there is no rush I may be able to help out. PM me with details if interested and you win the bid. I live 25mi south of Boston.

Dave H

P.S. OR - you could sell me the REDS :-)

( just kidding - too much stuff already )

Somehow I think the bidders must think the 12" Tannoy Silvers are STILL INSIDE THE BOXES.

I was SURE I could get these for about $300 and the bidding is now at $810.

This is INSANE.

But what happens on ebay should NEVER EVER surprise anyone . . .

The really odd thing about this is that you often see old Tannoy speakers on ebay with the caviat "will ship drivers only." Until recently most Tannoy fans would THROW AWAY the factory cabinets and build their own!

I just don't get it. I guess I'll end up building my own too. I just thought it would be cool to have the factory corner cabinets . . .

----------------

On 7/9/2005 12:31:30 PM mike stehr wrote:

Build a pair and go all out.
----------------

It wouldn't be so easy. These Tannoy cabinets are very complicated (especially the horn loaded ones). Also, they were designed to have some coloration to suit the drivers. Build an overdamped cabinet and all the magic will be gone.

$1095

I'm stunned. I really thought they would sell for about $300 or so considering CONDITION and the fact that the seller would not ship or arrange for shipping.

My Tannoy 12" reds are probably worth about $1800 or so for the pair.

I also have a pair of 12" Golds in "Mallorcan" cabinets that I am using in a second system.

Old Tannoys are incredible speakers--I think they are the best speakers I have ever owned when playing loud electric rock and blues.