Heritage gathering in Hope

Tony Reed

Is there a preferred time of evening to arrive on Friday for 'shuttle service' to Hope? I'm thinking that if we can coordiante arrival times as much as possible, it'd be easier to coordinate the road trip portion with either our hosts, locals, or rental van.

Anyone have their tickets already and care to gang up on the road portion?

How about folks driving in- when do you plan on tripping through Little Rock and who has room for passengers?

Thanks,

Michael

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, seriously, I want to get my airline tickets- when would be an optimal time to arrive in Little Rock on Friday night?

Could anyone who either lives near there, is driving in, or renting a van at airport please give a good ETA so some of us could 'carpool' for the road portion of our sojourn? Pretty please?

I take it that most attendees would be staying Fri and Sat so as to get the full day's visiting in on Saturday, right?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael,

On arrival in LR, probably earlier on in the afternoon would allow for getting to Hope by dinner time. That is a pretty loose definition of dinner, time, I think in the planning so far. Probably needs to be nailed down more specifically by the hosts. Of course, folks will be drifting in at all hours from various travel connections.

One thing I am sure of... this will come together nicely. I'll get back with you.

Thanks DD, that would make sense. There's several dozen flights from Indy to LR, so I have my pick.

I was thinking about checkin time at the hotel, but Mapquest shows it to be a 2 hour drive away, so arriving LR anytime after noon seems to make sense.

Because the drive is so long, there are so few 'locals' in LR, and I don't know how many are driving through LR, I think it makes sense to organize the carpools somewhat. The trip is relatively expensive for me, looks like about $350 for a day trip just in air and two nights hotel, so adding rental car makes it pretty iffy.

How bout it gang- could we get a tally of LR locals or folks driving through who would be willing to taxi visitors in? That might take care of some of us out-of-towners, then perhaps we could schedule flights for the rest of us to vanpool from LR to Hope.

Anyone taking a red-eye into town for Saturday am?

Michael

Put me down as a definite maybe! 9.gif

I was also raised in Texarkana and since my whole family is still there I too have a place to stay. For me it depends on work schedule. If I am able to make it I can offer a ride to one person (Hey, I have a pickup like every good Texan) from either DFW or Texarkana.

----------------

On 7/14/2005 1:44:03 PM Amy Unger wrote:

We can't stop anyone from travelling to Hope (!), but this won't be a Klipsch sponsored event. I have no idea about touring the plant and/or museum, Trey would have to chime in here. I think he might try to attend if you all get together.

----------------

I can see the headline now!!!

Rabid Klipsch Fans Invade Production Facility In Hope, AR

I must say some of us were a wee bit dissapointed that the last gathering wasn't in Hope, AR.

Although it would be nice if they threw us a bone and was nice enough to give a brief tour. I don't think all the song and dance & wine and dine would be necessary.

----------------

On 7/15/2005 10:31:20 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

The redneck joint with the LaScala sounds great. You know, if we were in Little Rock we could go to the WhiteWater Tavern where they have two Khorns hung upside down from the ceiling (in the corners of course) cranking Led Zep.

Thank you Amy for taking care of Barney's name tag.

----------------

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but :') the khorns are gone. That place has caught fire more times then I can count. It went from being one of the best sounding beer joints to the worst.

I was there just last week : )

Guess I should read the thread before commenting9.gif Sorry 15.gif

Is Sept 17 and or 18 the set date?

I know of another new forum member who would be up for the trip so that is two more.

I also live in LR downtown close to the airport so if someone wanted a place to detox after a flight they're more than welcome to drop by. I have room for one more to ride but the small back seat in a GMC sierra may not be all that comfortable but it's available.

Seti

----------------

On 8/17/2005 8:29:57 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

Woodog,

If you can bring your Cornwalls, that would be fabulous.

I've just been hoping that someone would be able to bring Cornwalls.

Thank you for your labor of love in bringing these to the gathering.

----------------

Sorry for being slow on getting back to this thread, but yes, I'll bring my '76 Corns down (and my Scott 208 power amp). I'm fairly sure there will be some decent pre-amps about? 9.gif

Still would like to have Dean or Bob C. bring a pair of refurbed Type B crossovers to listen to. I would probably end up buying them, ya know?

Woo

Woo,

Thanks. Hauling the CWs is no small thing.

I'll check with Bob to see about getting some refurbed type B crossovers up on his radar screen. I've got a type B pair that Bob tested last year and found them in good order. I could bring those for sure.

--------------

On other gear... we are expecting to have

Merlin preamplifier

AH! Njoe Tjoebs CD player

Baldwin 6L6 power amp (refurbed 50 year old amp. very cool)

Dynaco Mark III's (possible)

Other possibles... Eico HF-81 and Scott 222-D

Any other gear is more than welcome.

----------------

On 8/23/2005 6:49:14 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

Woo,

Thanks. Hauling the CWs is no small thing.

I'll check with Bob to see about getting some refurbed type B crossovers up on his radar screen. I've got a type B pair that Bob tested last year and found them in good order. I could bring those for sure.

--------------

On other gear... we are expecting to have

Merlin preamplifier

AH! Njoe Tjoebs CD player

Baldwin 6L6 power amp (refurbed 50 year old amp. very cool)

Dynaco Mark III's (possible)

Other possibles... Eico HF-81 and Scott 222-D

Any other gear is more than welcome.

----------------

Is there going to be more than one room setup for listening?

----------------

On 8/24/2005 12:54:18 PM Tony Reed wrote:

----------------

Is there going to be more than one room setup for listening?
----------------

Probably just one really big room. At the restaurant.

Tony

----------------

El meo mucho confuseo ?

I thought we were going to listen to music at some FarmHouse? Is that the name of a restauraunt or is it literally a FarmHouse?

OK, we need to start a new thread about the specifics, contact person, where there is a possible place to stay, where are we going to meet up and when, who to look for, itinerary, maybe swap cell phone numbers off forum, etc, yes?

We are coming down to the wire, and need to gt the specifics nailed down...what is the name of the meeting place/restaurant/farmhouse?

Numbers to the museums, Trey's number maybe (will you be wearing a big goofy Mickey hand or cheese hat or something, so we know who you are?)

Specifics boys and girls, folks who enjoy horn-loaded speakers crave specifics!

K