Heritage gathering in Hope

Tony Reed

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Dee's message. I apologize for not getting back to the thread. I had been visiting with Dee and Fini about getting together on the way down and found that my wife was asked to enter a group of photos in a show in North Carolina and we will be headed east whilst ya'll are relaxed and having a good time in Hope.

I was really excited and I know you will have a great gathering. Hoist a tankard (shot glass, mug, can, bottle - you chose) on my behalf...

I'm driving in from the DFW area Friday evening. I can bring speakers or electronics if needed, or I can just bring myself.

Some of the stuff I could throw in the back of my Explorer:

Speakers:

- Cornwall II's (1988 vintage). It might be interesting to compare to Cornwalls

- Heresys (1978 vintage)

Electronics:

- Philips DVD 963SA (for DVD-A and SACD)

- HK 505 integrated amp -60wpc twin powered amp (big brother to the much admired HK x30 receivers)

- Scott 130 preamp (NOS Valves) - Could be fun comparing to the Merlin

- Dynaco MKIII amps (GSI modded)

- Scott 299D integrated amp (NOS Valves)

OR:

- I could just bring a couple of coolers loaded with ice and barley pops.

If I do not hear from anyone, I will assume the equipment list is covered and I'll just come with the coolers.

David

I'm driving in from the DFW area Friday evening. I can bring speakers or electronics if needed, or I can just bring myself.

Some of the stuff I could throw in the back of my Explorer:

Speakers:

- Cornwall II's (1988 vintage). It might be interesting to compare to Cornwalls

- Heresys (1978 vintage)

Electronics:

- Philips DVD 963SA (for DVD-A and SACD)

- HK 505 integrated amp -60wpc twin powered amp (big brother to the much admired HK x30 receivers)

- Scott 130 preamp (NOS Valves) - Could be fun comparing to the Merlin

- Dynaco MKIII amps (GSI modded)

- Scott 299D integrated amp (NOS Valves)

OR:

- I could just bring a couple of coolers loaded with ice and barley pops.

If I do not hear from anyone, I will assume the equipment list is covered and I'll just come with the coolers.

David

Hey David,

It'd be cool to hear the Cornwall II vs. Cornwall I. But personally, my choice would be to have you bring the Scott 130 pre-amp to listen to as well as your SACD player. I'm bringing a Scott 208 (basically the power amp section of the 299C), so there could be two preamp/amp combos set up.

I'm really looking forward to hearing different tube topologies compared side by side. Where I live I don't even have the advantage of a decent solid state setup to check out, much less tubes.

Woo

So, what's the dresscode? I'd assume hot 'n' humid will be the weather theme, or will it be cooling off? I mean, of course I will be wearing my barber's smock, shirt and tie, but that may be all.

Also, what music will folks be bringing? I will bring some Solas, NRBQ, Acoustic Alchemy, Jennifer Warnes, etc....

So, what's the dresscode? I'd assume hot 'n' humid will be the weather theme, or will it be cooling off? I mean, of course I will be wearing my barber's smock, shirt and tie, but that may be all. Also, what music will folks be bringing? I will bring some Solas, NRBQ, Acoustic Alchemy, Jennifer Warnes, etc....

As long as you bring your razor sets we'll be happy.

Music, hmmmm, I'm choosing music that I like, obviously, but everything that I bring is excellently recorded and presents superb imaging on my 299B/Khorn system.

The Planets

Peter Hurford: Organ Music

Bela Fleck: Fun Stuff!

Grisman/Rice: Tone Poems

AR Rahmen: Vende Mataram

Ricky Lee Jones: Pop! Pop!

Holly Cole: It Happened One Night

Paul Winter: Prayer for the Wild things

Mary Chapin Carpenter: various stuff

Keb Mo: various stuff

Miles Davis: Kind of Blue

Woo