You've seen the museum...now it's for sale!!

sunnysal

Just bought the whole bunch including the radio pieces. Of course, the bottom line does not account for the time and effort necessary to move these fine pieces plus the storage and carrying costs associated with keeping everything for the next couple of years while I sell it off ;-).

Unless you have seen the whole collection in person, you could not have fathomed how absolutely incredible the condition of almost every piece actually is. I had backed away from purchasing unil I went down to inspect and I was convinced. The Khorns and Heresy II's look new as well as all the rest of the beautiful tube pieces.

The Seller was meticulous in his choices and I doubt you will find much nicer examples anywhere unless hidden away in a box somewhere in a climate controlled environment for all of these years. I am proud to have acquired it all and will be selling soon!

Barry

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all! I am not sure how tp post pictures but I do have a link I am happy to send anyone showing most of the pieces that was in the original ebay listing. As for the price, the deal was not quite as simple. I had to purchase the Radio collection also in order to get a price break so all is not always as it sems.

I really do not consider this purchase to be a Huge money maker. These pieces are near mint however and I do anticipate they will bring top dollar for the most part. I just thought that the opportunity to tempting. I had discussed with the seller that his collection would be going to appreciative collectors all over the globe who may otherwise not have an opportunity to own such fine examples of they favorite audio equipment of the fantastic tube era. I wanted to be a part of that as most knew the collection and now will have the chance to own some of it. What a great feeling knowing you have come across something that will bring years of enjoyment to their new owner, and still be an investment that can be recouped in the future as most of these pieces will never be going down in value as their condition is SUPERB and you made that happen! It also gives me the opportunity to play with many of these great units ove the next couple of years. I am like the kid in the candy store.... :-))

Should you need a list of available items, just let me know and I will forward. I am not sure how many of you are also interested in Old radios and speakers, but that collection is also outstanding and the pieces are gorgeous. I really had no intention of buying that collection but when I saw it, I just could not resisit! I have seen pieces in museums that looked like second hand junk compared to these. REALLY NICE!

Again, I appreciate the support and look forward to working with many members of this fine forum. The task will be daunting as there is more in the collection that was not shown with additional equipment, manuals, books and more. It will take quite some time to get everything properly arranged but I may have a few other fellow ebayers help me get the collection sold as I think it would otherwise take 3 years to move it.

Thanks again to all for your kind words and support.

Barry

This site is so slow it is killing me. PLEASE FIX.

Anyway, glad to hear you are going to share the wealth. Yes, I would be interested in some of the pieces. Also please post reviews as you play them through the Khorns. That will give all of us a reference. Pictures are a must also, if you want to stay in good standings with the forum.[:D]

William,

Nor sure where I am even going to start but at the moment, I have approximately 45-50 pics that were shown when the original Audio and Radio auction appeared. If anyone wants a link, I have posted the Audio below. Although the pics are good, they do not compare to the actual items as they look much nicer and there is so much you cannot see! I will also include the Radio link for those who are interested in seeing how beautiful they are.

As for reviews through the Khorns, I will try and post but folks, the task is a formidable one and most of my time will be taken trying to list. I also work a REAL job 12 hours a day so my "hobby" will be all consuming. Anyone want to help? I am in Southeastern Virginia [sn]

Vintage Antique Radio Collection:

D(["mb","

\r\n
Vintage \r\nAudio Collection:
\r\n

\r\n\r\n

\r\n

\r\n

\r\n

\r\n\r\n",0]

);

D(["mi",8,2,"1062c319a96efa9e",0,"0","Barry","Barry","barrynachman@gmail.com","Dannyb","Sep 6",["Dannyb@carolina.rr.com"]

,[]

,[]

,["barrynachman@gmail.com"]

,"Sep 6, 2005 12:07 PM","Re: Pictures, etc. Vintage Audio and Radio Collection","",[]

,1,,,"Tue Sep 6 2005_12:07 PM","On 9/6/05, Barry wrote:","On 9/6/05, Barry <barrynachman@gmail.com> wrote:","gmail.com",,["","",1]

,""]

);

//-->

Vintage Audio Collection:

Barry

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Yes, I finally have everything in and will be posting a variety of pieces as fast as possible. My schedule has been so hectic that I have gotten to a few so far. I have also included a link to more photos showing the audio and radio collection.

There are some absolutely fantastic pieces in both collections and they are just fun to look at.

0.gif

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

474626939diQTKt_th.jpg

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

7.gif

Barry's Vintage Audio Collection

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif
Let me know if I can answer anything further. Most of the equipment is still boxed so I am getting to it as it comes in no particular order.

Thanks,

Barry
757-576-8890