You've seen the museum...now it's for sale!!

sunnysal

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 8/1/2005 8:01:57 PM Guy Landau wrote:

I'm trying to sell some of my organs in order to buy this stuff. Anyone's looking for a kidney?

----------------

Do you have any Baldwins or Wurlitzers?

Tony, I think that would be a sound business decision. No PUn intended. I doubt there's anything on the stock market as safe a bet as this would be. You could make some serious bucks and still keep more cherry gear than you could listen to.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! yup that´s me. I have been traveling in south america for the last few weeks, hard to followup on this stuff. he is offering the collection split into three parts:

the radio collection

the classic audio collection

the tube collection

the guy is still willing to take an insanely low price for the whole deal...if he does not sell someone will be parting it out on ebay, and I suspect that guy will make much more than his current asking price (and the guy who handles the sale will make a nice comission as well!).

My wife did not like the idea of selling some stock off to buy this up she, for some reason, thought it might be difficult for me to handle remote control all the way from latin america, I guess that is why we have wives!

regards, tony

Tony, I would rather see you get the entire shebang (or at least the audio/tube collections) instead of some greedy SOB who'd part it all out on eBay. Maybe your wife can be convinced that you'd be doing a great service in saving this collection for both us Klipsch members and for the average audiophile who can appreciate such things.

I tried that route...my wife has made it clear that this is a "dumb" idea...she seems to think the kids college fund (as she calls my stock holdings) are more important, imagine that! LOL...I may try to cherry pick a few pieces however...those that I can hide from the wife that is...SWMBO is on top of me right now like white on rice...tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

New to the forum but just wanted to comment about the auction. The stereo equipment has been relisted separately from the radios as I am sure most are aware. I feel like the GRIM REAPER if I decide to buy the collection and turn around and sell it!

While I realize it may be a shame to break up a great collection, it also will make available quite a few pieces that individual collectors would love to have that they may not be able to find in this condition otherwise! So is it better for someone like me to buy and make many collectors happy or to keep it for my old age retirement fund and then have someone else do it?

11.gif

Hope you folks don't mind if I proceed on to purchase the entire collection. Not sure I will get it but I am begging forgiveness up front in case I do as I hope many of you will visit me and aquire some of those pieces that don't come along often. Most are not capable of purchasing the whole lot so this may give them the opportunity to get what they want.

Let's have fun and see what happens!

Thanks Parrot,

Not sure why I have never been to this particular forum prior to this evening but was looking up some Klipsch Belles that were being sold and thought I would get some additional info. Ran across this topic and thought I would throw in my .02

I do want those Khorns that are being sold in the auction and will probably have to keep them for awhile. I also figured I could experience all of these pieces for awhile as I sold them off. That way I satisfy the need to listen to some of the nicest tube equipment ever produced but without the expense of having to acquire each piece individually. May take a year but figured I could generate enough income to make it worth my while.

9.gif

Hi Tony,

I will be happy to do so IF I am fortunate enough to acquire it. My biggest problem is I am on my way out of the country for 2 weeks (hence, no listings on ebay for a few weeks) but I have a partner who is working with me.

It would be nice to have it but there is a TREMENDOUS amount of work involved picking up such a large collection. All need s to be properly identfied, rated, bubble-wrapped & boxed (ouch!), and then loaded for the journey. No easy task but worth taking IMHO if it is meant to be!

Someone else may have their minds set on it also but not sure how well the logistics work for most. While many may be able to come up with the money, most would not trust having some moving company come to handle this collection (not me anyway) so it becomes even more difficult.

If I get the collection, great. If not, I will just have to go kick someones rear end for beating me out. Not a threat, just the facts (just kidding, or not!)

Thanks,

Barry

• 4 weeks later...