You can have yer K-Horns, Cornwalls ...i've got Twins .!

Someone (a knowledgible individual) here once suggested that I try a "series connection" for a second set of speakers but I was too lazy to ever do it. Is it always bad?

My amp operation booklet says that one can wire a second set of speakers from the 'B' terminals for "ambience recovery" (whatever that is) by connecting the L+ amp terminal to the + terminal of the left speaker and the R+ amp terminal to the + terminal on the right speaker and then connect the the negative terminals of the speakers together. Is that what is meant by speakers in series? The booklet says "Thus wired, these speakers receive the left-minus-right "difference" portion of the stereo signal." Is that mono lite?

"Sometime, somewhere here someone said PWK stated that when you invert/stack you create a "D'Appolito array" (sp?) and do not adversly effect the sound."

MTM causes midrange narrowing, in a big room there will be a huge dip in the response just below the crossover point on all designs.

"NOOOOOO !

series is no good ... you are feeding the other speaker thru the first speakers woofer inductor ..... "

Not correct. If the speakers are identical the only difference between series vs parallel will be a difference of 6dB in 2.83V sensitivity. If you have a tube amp the SPL will be the same when driven by the correct transformer taps.

I've done stacked Cornwalls with the top one inverted, stand back!

Here is a real good way to do dual 15s without comb filtering, no MTM midrange narrowing, a small front baffle, a 20dB reduction in 2nd harmonic distortion, and a 4~10dB reduction in FMD. The HF horn has two drivers (on a manifold) similar to what the Jubilee uses, one would be adequate for home use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7339275215&indexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Stacked Corns pack a whallop, each were fed with their own output from a 4-channel amplifier. I ran two pairs of verticals like this as well prior to getting my second pair of Klipschorns.

CORNS3.jpg

Talk about slam factor! I didn't notice any anomolies running them in this configuration.

I can't seem to find any agreement on the topic of comb filtering.

I would think that having two woofers on the same motorboard "plane" at a wide seperation such as the stacked Cornwalls would be an example of significant comb filtering. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

The Chorus woofer isn't crossed real low. I think yours is a chorus 2....crossed at 600hz. Since you have the woofers close together, you may eliminate some of the filtering for your low frequencies but your frequencies say 500hz and up might be a problem. Again, correct me if I'm wrong here.

jc