I Want Power Baby. Tons of Power

jpm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kathy, I havent said nothin to suncookedwillard since that first post he was

trying to poo-poo on the RF-7. I dont read his post, just skip over them.

Others summed it up well for him, wasnt nothin left for me to say. 9.gif

Its grand to have a beauty like you agree with me! 3.gif

I belive there are a few little smart quips you have made following some of my forum responces . Seems to be a bit of a random hit and run . So the statement you made above is obviously false . Not that I would expect anything less from little man that uses a picture of Truman Capote for his Avatar . 6.gif

----------------

On 8/15/2005 5:09:45 PM sunburnwilly wrote:

I belive there are a few little smart quips you have made following some of my forum responces . Seems to be a bit of a random hit and run . So the statement you made above is obviously false . Not that I would expect anything less from little man that uses a picture of Truman Capote for his Avatar .
6.gif

----------------

ROTFLMAO at both you girls!9.gif

I have a tape measure. When Jr.High school P.E. class is over,you two can go to the locker room, pull out your Avatars and use my tape. 10.gif

Terry

----------------

On 8/14/2005 2:06:40 AM michael hurd wrote:

Lascallas will definately have cleaner bass than a DR, but does roll off fourth order pretty high... in other words, the bottom octaves are lacking. I like the sound of a lascala mated to a high quality subwoofer, rather than without.

You can never have too much power, as long as you exercise restraint. Additional headroom and output capability does wonders for dynamic range.

----------------

..."You can never have too much power, as long as you exercise restraint. Additional headroom and output capability does wonders for dynamic range"......

Michael,

I am known for my responsible degree of "restraint". I am MISTER restraint. BEC will confirm.2.gif

Regards,

Terry

----------------

On 8/15/2005 1:41:15 PM KathyMason wrote:

sunburnwilly, thanks for the kind words about my picture, very sweet of you,

I meant to thank you sooner!
1.gif
Thanks!!!

----------------

Come on Kat, grow a pair! Just another pretty face........

You drive 7's with 400wpc? Oh,..Ah,...Well,.......a pair...?

On second thought,....You are an animal! 3.gif (Be sure to get Dean's filters) You go girl.

Glad you are here to separate the "hens from the roosters".

Warm regards,

Dad12.gif

Me too. 2.gif Guess that is why I have one JBL GT 1081 that has an opened voice coil. Apparently it did not survive the last listening session in my car, before I pulled the box out and set them aside. I now have a nice, 160 ounce paperweight. 1.5 kw at clipping levels into a 2.5 cubic foot sealed box ( two 10" JBL's ) smoked one VC.

Good thing I have a spare one, guess it will have to be put to use.

----------------

On 8/13/2005 10:51:25 PM jpm wrote:

I'm ready to trade them in for full refund plus $2000 for a new set of LaScallas. I'm doing it for sure...

----------------

Your new Carver sounds like a great buy. That 400 watts of quality power should give you awesome dynamics.

In relation to your proposal to buy the new LaScala. I reckon you should go for it. I like the RF7, along with the RB75, they are the best of the Reference series. But the LaScala is definitely a big step up. The sound is very different, but hugely addictive. Combined with the Carver you should have the makings of a great system.

Unfortunately for you, the LaScala itch won't go away, until you scratch it.

2.gif

----------------

On 8/15/2005 6:51:20 PM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 8/13/2005 10:51:25 PM jpm wrote:

I'm ready to trade them in for full refund plus $2000 for a new set of LaScallas. I'm doing it for sure...

----------------

Your new Carver sounds like a great buy. That 400 watts of quality power should give you awesome dynamics.

In relation to your proposal to buy the new LaScala. I reckon you should go for it. I like the RF7, along with the RB75, they are the best of the Reference series. But the LaScala is definitely a big step up. The sound is very different, but hugely addictive. Combined with the Carver you should have the makings of a great system.

Unfortunately for you, the LaScala itch won't go away, until you scratch it.

2.gif

----------------

Having owned Dean-modded RF-7s, RB75s, and Belles - I agree. Reference speakers are great, and I will always have Reference in my house. However, having an itch for large Heritage is not something that goes away easily. Should make a nice combo with the Carver Pro.

Carl.

Not that I would expect anything less from little man that uses a picture of Truman Capote for his Avatar

========================================

Ah, ok wee willy. Just because you cant see me avatar, doesnt mean Im Truman Capote!

Sorry to disappoint! 9.gif

KlipsDude1.jpg

KlipsDude2.jpg

Now to put things back on thread, I'm running a McIntosh 500wpc on my

RF-7's and they do like POWER and good CURRENT. Brings out all the best

in the RF-7's.

jpm, if you run the Carver ZR1600 on the LaScala one day, you might want

to try a tube pre-amp with it. Bry's in Marysville, Wash run the Carver ZR1600

on the LaScala, Klipshorn, and RF-7 and it sounds so harsh because too much

of a good thing and I'll bet it's the pre-amp! They run it with some cheaper

pre amps and I heard them on some tubes about a week ago at a new friends,

made a BIG difference, no harsh at all and very smooth sound. Has your

Carver ZR1600 been modified? I've been reading the guys modify the insides

of it too for better sound! 6.gif Some of the picts are impressive, check it out.2.gif

I run a British Rega Cursa 3 preamp and Rega Planet CDP. Both very warm and tube-like. I don't plan on modifying anything. My stereo sounds awesome now, and will hopefully sound even better with new LaScallas. Thanks for asking though. 3.gif

BTW Klipsdude, I've auditioned the LaScallas through a ZR1600 many times at Brys. For the life of me I don't understand how you conclude the Carver is a harsh amp. If anything, it's throaty. No offense, but have you actually heard this combo, or are you just blowing smoke out your ***?