RB-75 Quality, Long short story

Bonzo

----------------

On 8/25/2005 12:56:20 PM MD1032 wrote:

My take on the original poster's situation is that mistakes do indeed happen, though in such an expensive product they shouldn't, which is why Klipsch has a 5 year warranty. The original poster should have simply shipped the intermittently working ones back to Klipsch (shipping out of Klipsch's pocket if possible) for replacement rather than ripping them apart. No idea how much experience he had in taking apart speakers, but he could have harmed something, and then guess what? Damage you cause isn't covered by warranty. So Klipsch is willing to fix situations like this if we let them.
----------------

In tech support what they do, (I did), is suggest that the customer take the speaker apart with our Phone help. If the customer is not ok with that, then take it back to your dealer.

IF the customer is ok with it, and we can not talk them through the fix, then we send them back to the dealer or have them return the product. (we split the shipping most of the time)

STILL UNDER WARRANTY.

Our return rate for that speaker is about 0.3% to date.

That's even better. But some people, coughbonzocough... don't even have the patience or sense to pick up the phone.

• 3 years later...

As a footnote to this now 3 year old series of posts. I recenty bought a pair of these from eBay. These were manufactured in 2004. They were at some point shipped to Germany (I live in Berlin) from the U.S. The previous owner than posted them for sale and they were then shipped to myself via DHL. They survived all this without a scratch. Now that is quality.

Might as well throw in my two cents...

Awhile back I purchased a used pair of cherry RB-75s from Ben Clarke, who had purchased them from Mark Deneen, who in turn had purchased them from yet another forum member (Jeremy is his name, but I can't recall his profile ID), who very well may have purchased them either new or from yet another owner! These beautiful cherry monitors have been quite literally from one corner of this country to the other in their brief 4 year existence...also without a scratch (well, except for a minor scuff mark on the bottom of one near the screw holes due at some point to its use on a speaker stand).

That, indeed is quality! If Bonzo's experience had been mine, I wouldn't have gone off the deep end either considering how far they've travelled over the years (and my RB-75's original cartons are beaten up pretty badly due to poor shipping and handling).

If Bonzo's experience had been mine, I wouldn't have gone off the deep end either considering how far they've travelled over the years (and my RB-75's original cartons are beaten up pretty badly due to poor shipping and handling).

Are you implying that Bonzo went off the deep end? I thought he was just saying what had happened. Whew!

Bruce

I'm going to add my frustration with a couple of issues I had with Klipsch speakers over the years.

I purchased a pair of KLF-10s brand new in a military BX overseas in 1998 & they arrived with one of the woofers wired out of phase. It took me nearly 6 months to figure this out.

I purchased an entire RF-83 5.1 system almost 2 years ago and encountered the same issue, albeit there was ALSO one of the woofers completely unplugged inside. This sounds a lot like a QA issue with Klipsch's internal wiring.

Also, I agree that there is a LOT of plastic in the new Klipsch line. As long as they sound good & the plastic is of good quality, I don't have an issue with it. However, when they make the entire front of the speaker connected to the horn driver so you have to disassemble the entire front to take out the horn.

Also, the tabs holding my RT12d grill on broke during normal use....

THAT SAID....I notificed Klipsch & they have a new horn & grill shipped within 24 hrs!