k-horns, my how they sing when you get the distance

joessportster

well after finally figureing out i had the horns wired wrong, i set them up about 14 feet apart on center, one in a good corner the other setting against the wall but not in a corner. And even with this less than perfect setup i have to say these horns really shine. The seperation and overall soundstage is awsome, paired with the vrd,s and blueberry,!!! well lets just say i have achieved audio nirvana. At least as close as i have heard in my life.

Joe, even missing the one wall to make the 2nd corner they did sound fantastic when I heard them on Saturday. Gary and I were wondering as we drove off how far they were apart. You say 14 feet? Is that back corner of khorn to back corner of the other khorn? I would have thought it was more when I was there.

Again, fantastic sound!

BTW, thanks for the belle. Not sure if you get to HT forum much but I posted some pix of you orphan relocated to its new home.

Joe,

That's great that the re-arrangement is working out well. By the way, a false corner, or half of a false corner, is a fun project that you might consider.

One thing I like to do every few months is to move my listening chair forward or back about 1-3 ft. It will certainly change the sound - both the coloration and the imaging. It helps remind you about where the best sweet spot is.

Enjoy and good luck,
-Tom