Fisher X-100 FS

rockbobmel

Anyone here interested in my Fisher X-100 integrated tube amp? It has all original tubes in it from 1961 and they are dead quiet and powerful. I had it checked out by the local tube guru, he cleaned it and changed one cap, and that's it. I hooked it up to my K-Horns and the thing was incredible. I think it is 18 WPC. The tubes ate Tele, amperex, and mullard.

Thanks,

post-16679-13819269840476_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking you could resize your pics before uploading them to the

server. Or Klipsch could prevent uploads over a certain size. A 1.7 meg

jpg is too big. It's nice that their software resizes the pics, but

they take forever to load the first time. Making is 600 pixels wide

would do wonders for the speed.

btw, nice Fisher.

Bruce

I'm thinking you could resize your pics before uploading them to the server. Or Klipsch could prevent uploads over a certain size. A 1.7 meg jpg is too big. It's nice that their software resizes the pics, but they take forever to load the first time. Making is 600 pixels wide would do wonders for the speed.

btw, nice Fisher.

Bruce

Bruce, I had to reload my windows XP and it does not have my tutorial now. I don't know how to resize the photos. So far, I have them copied into a new folder in My Pictures. Any suggestions?

Doesn't MS Photo Editor come with XP (the OS) or just with MS Office?

If you have Photo Editor, you just open the photo and go to the image

menu. Under that is resize. If you leave the "allow distortion" box

unchecked, as you change oone value the other will change as well.

Attached are a couple of screen shots stuck in as one image.

post-7149-13819269866896_thumb.jpg

Yes, Please resize your photos. I am on a fast dial up (only thing

available) and it takes several minutes to download your photos. Much

too long to stay interested in. A file size of 60K is about right for

photos on the net. They load quickly and look fine. A file that size

should be enough to get an 8 x 10 at 72 dpi. Jpeg. In addition to

reducing the size of the image, reduce the DPI as anything more than 72

is a waste on monitors. A printed image is photo quality at 300 DPI and

is way over kill on a pc monitor.

When this new forum software was in beta testing I warned then that the way it handled photo's was going to be a huge problem for dial up users. Heck this thread is a pain even for broadband users. They need to put a cap on the file size at the very least.

Craig

Guys, in addition to having all those problems, every time I call up the thread AGAiN, my PC/XP Pro/AOL browser takes the same huge time to re-load them all over again. That didn't happen before.

Before with the previous forum software, it would only take a lot of time to load them the first time, and, for subsequent views, retrieve them very quickly from somewhwere on my computer (?temporary internet files?).

Is this something on my computer settings, or with the forum software? Do you have the same problem? Thanks!

Yes, MS Photo Editor came with my XP Pro.

Larry

Try raising the size of your temporary internet files folder size. In IE go to "tools" then "internet options" one of the available options that pop up will be "temporary internet files" click the button that says settings. Raise the value but be careful to not allow IE to use up all your hard drive space. This wouldn't be neccesary if they simply limited file sizes. I haven't tried this myself but it should work unless the problem is your PC is just to slow or has to little memory to draw all the pictures like the one I'm on now.

Craig