New Heritage serie ifa 2005

Bennyboy

I hate to be a party-pooper, but which one of these looks better (and costs less)? I am pretty disappointed by the Klipsch LS makeover, needless to say...

DM

As Trey would say a knock off is just a knock off. Having been to the Pilgrimage I am pretty sure I know which one sounds better! They look better in person and sound friggin awesome, as most will say that day they sounded better than the Klipschorn's. I will concede the Klipschorn demo was not ideal though but the new LS sounded incredible. Clearly the best sounding speaker we heard that day IMO.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LaScalas were ideally placed -- down on the floor and at ear level. The Klipschorns were at a bit of a disadvantage from a placement perspective in relationship to where all the ears were. It also annoyed me that when I asked to hear them -- there wasn't any effort to at least get the volume to the same place we had been listening to the LaScalas at. The LaScalas sounded good, but not nearly as transparent as my Klipschorns (before the mods).

Shinall can't source the K-77, so you end up with that goofy extra piece on the top for whatever tweeter he's using. Personally, it doesn't do a thing for me.

So, who's going to buy Heritage now (other than the folks around this forum)?

Good question, but ask it this way:

Who's bought new Heritage in this forum since, say 2000?

How many bought Heritage used?

How many here in this forum are really planning to buy a new Heritage product in the next 2 years?

How many think I should have used the poll feature to ask this question?

If those in the market most likely to buy Heritage prefer to buy used, what can be in the future of the line?

Paul

So, who's going to buy Heritage now (other than the folks around this forum)?

Good question, but ask it this way:

Who's bought new Heritage in this forum since, say 2000?

How many bought Heritage used?

How many here in this forum are really planning to buy a new Heritage product in the next 2 years?

How many think I should have used the poll feature to ask this question?

If those in the market most likely to buy Heritage prefer to buy used, what can be in the future of the line?

Paul

That is the biggest problem the Heritage line up faces. Its previous editions. You can get a 40 year old set of Klipschorns and a minor tweak or two and you are golden. The new La Scala's are a definite improvement over the old as the bass is noticeably better, as they engineers presented at the pilgrimage, they give the illusion they dig deeper than they do. The new K77 tweeters sound moderately better than the K77M's too IMO. I will state if money were removed as an impediment I would jump on new Heritage in a heart beat, as it is I buy used Heritage over every other speaker line Klipsch sells.

I think Klipsch needs a matching center and small (bass limited) but

good sounding surrounds. They could market it as the ultimate

cinema package as well as the ultimate music package.

Why not bring back something like the Chorus II's (or are

they...)? I would kill for a pair of those with a matching center

(maybe the SAME mid and tweeter horn flanked by 2, 10" woofers).

You could also make matching surrounds.

At the risk of beating this to death.....

My particular frustration is the fact that the lead salesman at my local Klipsch dealer (independantly owned "local" store) is a big fan of Klipsch. And not just the Reference line they sell (and they sell quite a bit), but the Heritage stuff too. This store use to carry Heritage, but for whatever reason quit stocking it. Anyhow.....

I just don't understand why one would want to be an "authorized" Heritage dealer if one doesn't plan to display or promote them.

Lastly, and it's just MHO, but in this day & age of cookie cutter speakers, wouldn't something like Heritage speakers be just different enough to give the perception of exclusivity? If hamburger companies and other companies can use the "bigger is better" marketing strategy, why can't Klipsch and/or their Heritage dealers?? Hell, B&W's and Martin-Logans and Maggies and even Klipsch Synergy/Reference can be had anywhere nowadays. Where I live, there's enough folks with "stupid money" that would jump at the opportunity to have something their fellow millionare neighbor didn't have.

I'll shut up now. Hope Klipsch has an amazing success with their new products. I'm just worried it'll all fall on deaf ears dues to sales people's lack of enthusiasm.

Tom

Even if it's a tiny li'l ad on the next-to-the-last page in Stereophile Magazine or The Absolute Sound, Klipsch NEEDS to start some sort of marketing campaign for their "new" Heritage Series. Something's gotta give to get the word out that these loudspeakers need to be noticed and recognized and appreciated (and sold)!

Yeah, Klipsch needs to start something...

...however, why would they dump money into something they did not plan on selling aggresively?

There are a lot of people out there with a lot of money who would

probably fall out of their chair if they heard their favorite music

with these bad boys.

Everyone that hears my Chorus II's is floored.

Even if it's a tiny li'l ad on the next-to-the-last page in Stereophile Magazine or The Absolute Sound, (and sold)!

Those rags would be the LAST place that would advertise the Heritage line, what with all their bashing of

"that horn sound" over all the years. Just look at the dealer ads in those mags - only very rarely will you see Klipsch in the product line.

As for buying Heritage since 2000, I bought a pair of new Heresy IIs for side surrounds in May of this year.

I agree that Klipsch's marketing of the Heritage line is sorely lacking. How long has it been since we have seen a full page ad for K'horns? 20-30 years?