New Heritage serie ifa 2005

Bennyboy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waveguide is a term used by people who want to make horn speakers but wish to avoid the "H word" because many audiophiles are prejudiced against horns.

I recall first seeing the term in Vifa tech sheets years ago with regards to their HG line of horn-loaded dome tweeters (which are still made and are excellent tweeters, I've used them).

When pressed those that favor the use of "waveguide" for horns (like that jasper that tried to use the AA HE forum to hawk his wares and was run-off by the hostile reaction) will say they use the flare for dispersion control and not for increased efficiency and output. Uh-huhh. But they sure seem glad to get the increased efficiency and output though. Not to mention that many use horns primarily for dispersion control and still call them horns.

And of course they always claim that their "waveguides" don't have the "colorations" of horns, whatever those are.

Yeah, I see it as market-speak to court the pinheads.

IFA.2005%20005.jpg

I'm a little annoyed. Weren't we repeatedly told there wouldn't be a Priemer Series release this year (or anytime in the near future)? Oh well, an interesting look with that thing, I'm sure it sounds very good. It looks like Vaders personal droid. It does need a cape however.

Actually Dean is correct we were told the premier line was not going to be released and that it was primarily targeted toward the European market but the appearance did not look like a $15K set of speakers to the Europeans. If this is what they were looking for, KLIPSCH I beg you please do not release that thing over here. OMG it looks like a computer speaker gone awry. FUGLY, I agree PWK is probably rolling over in his grave shaking his fist.

J4,

Actually it reminds me of the Darth Vadar look on R2D2 from Star Wars!

I'd say it has more of the lines of a trash can at a movie theater. Especially the top. Doesn't it look just like something you'd push a flap on to throw away your popcorn container?

Bingo!!! We have a winner Parrot has nailed it on the looks! Maybe it comes with the flap as a finish option?

• Klipsch Employees

Ok,

the Premier is a proto type. I am not sure that it will be built, but wanted to get their view on it.

LS II will have the same network / drivers as it does now...

Heresy III has new everything short of the cabinet.

(it now has bass, and it is still sealed)

Khorn changed in the looks but that is all.

I can't say about the a Belle.