The new forum even less friendly to Firefox

Daddy Dee

Firefox is my default browser, but fairly often have to switch over to

IE because some sites don't load completely with Firefox.

Not surprisingly, I've had to use IE to upload pics for posts. What

caused me to question my sanity was coming back later in Firefox, to

find my posts no longer contained the pics. Really odd.

After browsing around in IE, I discovered that my posted pics were visible. In Firefox, some are visible and others are not.

Think I'll switch to IE for browsing the forum, because I literally do not know what I'm missing with Firefox.

Too bad. I hadn't imagined that the new forum software could be any more unfriendly to firefox.

what version of firefox are you using? It really sounds to me like a page caching issue....your browser saves the page on your harddrive and doesn't bother to reload it from the website. If you're on broadband internet I would just turn this feature off.

I can't imagine it being unfriendly to firefox either considering the webmaster uses firefox himself!

you should try making a post down in the forums section of the website (gotta scroll all the way down). The webmaster will see your problem sooner and prob try to fix it.

I am using Mozillla and have had several problems. If I use the

back button to go to thread I'm composing a reply to check on

something it sometimes dumps everything I've written. Also you

can't use the right mouse button to copy and past anymore. I also

can't find that polling feature everyone is using so I am

assuming that's in IE?

I am using FF and have no problems with posting or viewing pictures

(other than people need to resize the ##^##$^% photos! ) I do

have issues with the right click. I like to compose my messages in

my word processor and copy/paste them into the post text box. No

right click, no off screen editing. I hate that. OTW the new forum

software is ok.

I am using FF and have no problems with posting or viewing pictures (other than people need to resize the ##^##$^% photos! ) I do have issues with the right click. I like to compose my messages in my word processor and copy/paste them into the post text box. No right click, no off screen editing. I hate that. OTW the new forum software is ok.

you can always use these keyboard shortcuts (press and hold ctrl while you press the next letter):

ctrl+c : will copy whatever you have highlighted

ctrl+v : will 'paste' the last thing you copied (think of it as a glue bottle upsidedown)

ctrl+x : will copy and then remove whatever you have highlighted

These commands work with just about anything on the computer; pictures, text, etc etc...

So in your situation, write your response in your word processor - copy it (highlight and then ctrl+c) - come back to the forum, click in the box and paste it. This is a rich text formatter so it should also maintain any formatting you might include (as long as it is within the limits of this system of course).

Keyboard commands are a great thing, but they take a little bit of work to learn. So if anyone needs help or wants to know more shortcuts just drop me a PM or something and I can walk you through it. I couldn't imagine participating in a forum like this without these skills.