JUST SCORED THESE ON EBAY

mowntnbkr

If you can drive to get them and pay about 400 more for LS over Chorus I think you did very well. The look great too boot. So many LSs seem to get beat up for some reason.

Not all like the looks of the LS. I for one love it. I think it is a loudspeaker that looks like a Loud Speaker even when nothing is coming out of it. Hard to walk into a room with LaScalas and not say "WOW".

EDIT: I see you are in Alaska...probably not driving to get them. A great deal none the less...guessing you would have needed the Cs shipped too.

I was warned that it was a slippery slope! This now completes my HT/ music setup. I am sending the crossovers for my model 14's to seattle to get a facelift, so now my ? is how to setup. I was thinking LS for the front (obviously) and then can I use the heresy's for the center and then the 14's for the rear? or should I go to a 7.1 and keep the rc-3II in the center. and have either the 14's or h II's and srb/sbl?

Sam

Nice score, Sam. I also agree that you should use the Heresy(s) for the center. Concentrate on getting the 5.1 right first. I've done 7.1. Its nice, but I would rather have a better matched 5.1 initially then sacrificing some in the front, just to achieve a 7.1. And a Heresy or two would make a much better match to LaScalas versus a RC3.

Again, great score.

Carl.

I didn't even consider who inspected them, was she indeed good? So, how do I wire up two heresy's for my center or do I just use one? I was also wondering, do I adjust the levels on my amp down for the Lascala's and up for the heresy and model 14's seeing as they are not as efficient? We also ordered a new 51 hitachi rptv, so our home theater should be awesome.

Since you are running everything off of a receiver and not using external amps, I would start with one Heresy up front for now. You can always use the other Heresy as the rear center speaker in a 6.1 setup if you have room - just hook it up to one of your rear surround feeds. Yes, you will need to dial down the LaScalas (or dial up the others due to the respective efficiencies). Pick up an analog Radio Shack meter to help set your levels. About 40 bucks or so.

Carl.

I forgot to mention I am got a parasound HCA -855A to power everything, so my HK avr430 isn't working hard at all, just wish I could combine the power from that and the parasound...oh well. Hey I just got the total bill, only $250 to crate and ship to the barge in Seattle and then $30 for the barge fee, so a total of 280. You guys may cringe but I still got them for a total of 1350. The seller ships grand piano's all over the world, they use a professional packing company and he assured me they would be vritually bulletproof. I have had wonderful sevice from our barge company so I am not worried. Heck, with the system I am building I can start charging admission for movies up here. I should get these about the same time I get my model 14 crossovers back, man I should be rockin and a rollin!!

Sam

HK avr 430, Parasound HCA-855a, Hitachi 51s715, Lascala, heresy, Lascala, model 14, model 14