It's official! Now open up that bean can and spill em out!!!!

3dzapper

I can tell you that the La Scalas were the best sounding speakers I heard all day. The room they had setup upstairs with Heritage surround sound was incredible, La Scalas and Belles.

I got to hear a lot of the newer stuff for several hours, and then the La Scalas. It was like an awakening, like, there, finally, that's what I'm talking about!

We got to hear the new La Scalas and Khorns in another room and the La Scalas actually sounded better. No kidding. Not the best setup for Khorns with lots of stuff between them and I'm sure that had an affect.

We also heard the Heresy III next to the Heresy II switched back and forth. The III's have a deeper voicing and a cool angled riser with arched front. Grills on the new Heresy and Cornwall are held on with magnets.

The Klipsch gang really went all out for us, it was a very nice time.

So much more I could say, but I'll let others chime in.

Greg

I'd like to see Picky himself announce his gift. Yep, "Speaker A" was the new Cornwall, to be reissued! Though Klipsch staff, who have been very dedicated to this project, wanted to do a little more voicing, I thought it sounded very good. You can now re-read the Speaker A or B ? thread with this in mind to see what everyone thought without knowing what it was. I'd sure like to see some publicity about this.

If a Cornwall is remade/released where does it fall in line? I am familiar with the sound of about all the Reference and lower speakers. Would its general ability be for really big rooms or tiny rooms..maybe for tubes or ???

And the LaScala Belle and K-Horn are the nices looking speakers in my opinion.[:)]

As usual, I'm a little behind the curve but trying hard to catch up.

This is really great news, and to me, a surprise. And if I understand correctly, a spiffied up k-horn, a belle/la scala merger, and a revamped heresy are in the works, with possibly a reborn, revamped cornwall. YES! This is really huge, and I love the symetry: two full-range horns and two hybred horn/cones! -Works for me! Especially the merging of the belle and la scala. All the world really needs is a "pretty" la scala that will look good anchoring a pair of cornerhorns. And I would not be surprised at all for the new la scala to sound better than the k-horn in a lot of rooms. That placement flexibility is a big plus.

The new Cornwall did sound and look great in my opinion. If I run out of money before I'm done with my house I'll be getting those instead of the new Khorns. There was also some talk about special 60th anniversery Khorns next year but I'm not sure if that is locked in yet.

One thing about the new LaScala is they are HUGE. They actually require more floor space than the Khorn.

There was also some talk about special 60th anniversery Khorns next year but I'm not sure if that is locked in yet..

I just recently found out that there had been a 50th Anniversery edition 10yrs ago too... but have never seen other pics of it.

BTW, anyone take/have pics of the new CW III?

One thing about the new LaScala is they are HUGE. They actually require more floor space than the Khorn.

yeah... Khorns tuck nicely away into the corner... and actually aren't more imposing than Cornwalls in my room even though they are bigger in most dimensions.

I must tell all of you, and especially Klipsch LLC (hope you're listening), that I have very mixed feelings about all of this new Heritage product news. Why? Read on.

My vertical horn CW's (that I recently refurbished) were slated to be the R&L mains of my (never-ending) HT project. Upon getting them back together, I hooked them up to my den system (currently using RB5's) to make sure everything was working properly before I tempted the hernia god and hauled them upstairs. So I'm listening to them and the wife walks in and says, "OMG! That sounds awesome! What did you do to the RB......Awwww Tom, why did you do that? There's no way we can go back to the RB's now. Those CW's sound great in here". Me? I played dumb [6] 'cause a little birdie had told me that some new tasty stuff was coming from Klipsch. And my trecherous mind already had visions of new Cornwalls or LaScalas dancing in my head. So what did I say to my wife? What any loving, caring, responsible husband would say, "Honey...not only do they sound great, but just look at how the newly oiled Walnut matches the coffee and end tables." [6][6]

So that's the good thing about all this - getting hyped up and possibly owning some new offerings from Klipsch.[:)]

The down side is that age old issue of not being able to audition the new stuff because my local dealer damn sure isn't gonna carry them.[:@] Which is a crying shame because I'm very seriously interested in these two new offerings. I hope I'm wrong and I guess I could ask my dealer to get them, but I'm sure he'll say only if I put a deposit down.

BTW, not to stir anything up....but just who was it on this board that everytime folks started asking for the Cornwall back, they went on & on about how we needed to shut up because we didn't buy new from Klipsch. That we needed to put our money where our mouth is if we wanted Klipsch to listen to us. If you're reading this, I would like to know one thing.....

How would you like your crow?[;)][:)]

Tom