CRANK IT UP!!!!!!!!!

thebes

I've been entirely to civilized lately, it's time to crank it up.

Whadda ya mean thebes?

I'm talking screaming licks, howling vocals, spasmodic riffs

counterpointed by out-of-control drum pounding, hard driving

beats resulting in a fit of twitching muscles, rigid postures, crazed

rictus of a smile, jumpin up-and down, head banging , barkin at the

moon, speed metal cranked highway howlers of despair, glory,

love, paranoia, insane asylum , hippiy dippy, trippy , jump-up,

flashing, dancing air guitar nirvana.

Oh, and don't forget the back beat.

The volume controls inching up, my heads bobbing up and down so hard I

can feel the chipmunks banging against my skull wall. So take

that string quartet off the player and hlep me out here.

WHAT'S THAT! SPEAK UP! ICAN'T HEAR YOU!

Whadda ya mean thebes?

I'm talking screaming licks, howling vocals, spasmodic riffs counterpointed by out-of-control drum pounding, hard driving beats resulting in a fit of twitching muscles, rigid postures, crazed rictus of a smile, jumpin up-and down, head banging , barkin at the moon, speed metal cranked highway howlers of despair, glory, love, paranoia, insane asylum , hippiy dippy, trippy , jump-up, flashing, dancing air guitar nirvana.

The volume controls inching up, my heads bobbing up and down so hard I can feel the chipmunks banging against my skull wall. So take that string quartet off the player and hlep me out here.

Heck this is a everyday accurance for me. At night when the family is around I'm forced to be more civilized.

Craig

I just purchased the Led Zepplin 2 dvd collection covering 1970-1980. That dvd absolutely rocks...especially on my new (to me) LaScala's and heresy's, and oh yeah and it is cranked. I forgot just how good their music was, lyrics and music. There are some incredible solo's as well as some great acoustical numbers (the way it is, going to California). My wife, who likes country was blown away by just how good those guys were, the acoustical numbers drew her in and new she has a new appreciation for our sound system.....who woulda thunk it would be Led Zep to do that? I have to add, that today I cranked up Santana's "Moonflower" , the music was so crisp I didn't realize just how loud it was til I turned it down and noticed a funny ringing in my ears...oops. Anyway's rock on!!!!

I just purchased the Led Zepplin 2 dvd collection covering 1970-1980. That dvd absolutely rocks...especially on my new (to me) LaScala's and heresy's, and oh yeah and it is cranked. I forgot just how good their music was, lyrics and music. There are some incredible solo's as well as some great acoustical numbers (the way it is, going to California). My wife, who likes country was blown away by just how good those guys were, the acoustical numbers drew her in and new she has a new appreciation for our sound system.....who woulda thunk it would be Led Zep to do that?

Ah......the power of Klipsch and Zeppelin.

TRAPEZE!!!! Keeping Time, You Are The Music, and Way Back To The Bone!!!

Now were talkin'...a man w/ taste !

Glenn Hughes' vocals rule !

Right there with ya guys! I had the good fortune to photograph and meet Glenn Hughes at a Tommy Bolin tribute concert in Denver Co about 1990. His vocals rock! Nothing like a 5 octave range and ripping bass!

Have you checked out the 'Blues' or 'From Now On' CD's?

Michael

Wow! One of my favorite things to do! How about a few that just have to be cranked up?

1) Europa (Santana/Moonflower)

2) Frankenstien (Edgar Winter/ They Only Come Out at Night)

3) Come on Come on (Big Head Todd/ Crimes of Passion)

4) Lunatic Fringe (Red Rider/As Far As Siam)

5) Digging in the Dirt (Peter Gabriel/ Us)

6)Led Zepplin all of it.

7)Pink Floyd all of it also

Nothing brings you out of a funk like some chest pounding, ear splitting, rock & roll and Klipsch speakers.

Rock On!

thebes you are a NUT and I love your posts!! Thanks for all the smiles!

Whadda ya mean thebes?

I'm talking screaming licks, howling vocals, spasmodic riffs counterpointed by out-of-control drum pounding, hard driving beats resulting in a fit of twitching muscles, rigid postures, crazed rictus of a smile, jumpin up-and down, head banging , barkin at the moon, speed metal cranked highway howlers of despair, glory, love, paranoia, insane asylum , hippiy dippy, trippy , jump-up, flashing, dancing air guitar nirvana.

The volume controls inching up, my heads bobbing up and down so hard I can feel the chipmunks banging against my skull wall. So take that string quartet off the player and hlep me out here.

You NEED to go hang at Colter's place! If anyone knows how to rock out it's him and it's so much fun as he will take you on some wild journeys through all the great music that I know nothing about, but are just plain fricken amazing [;)] (I feel like the little kid from The Incredibles sitting on the tricycle "THAT WAS AMAZING")

My favorite are the music dvd's because you get a feel for the synergy between the band and the audience - something you don't get anymore with modern music [:(]

The fact that you're surrounded by walls of cornwalls is just a huge extra benefit [:D]

Just played:

Mississippi Queen by Mountain

Walk this Way by Aerosmith

Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh

Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple

Take Care of Business by Bachmann Turner Overdrive

and

Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine

My family wishes they went out for the afternoon, rock on!

Cheers my friend!

Tony