OT : What about them Astro's ???

Born2RockU

In all the 46 years I have lived in Houston....never have The Astro's gone to the World Series.

This is getting pretty scary. It just might happen.

Anyone here rooting for an Astro's vs White Sox World Series ???

Kev-----That way the Sox can do the Cubs fans a service and unite Chicago against a common enemy.

Yeah, I'd much rather see the Sox play the Cards, not an expansion team.

That begs the question - how long does an expansion team have to be in existence to no longer be an expansion team? Four decades ought to be enough.

I'm in Houston and would definitely love to see an Astros v. White Sox World Series.

That damn Pujols just took the wind right out of our sails. Back to St. Louis we go.

What a heart-breaker! Pujols is a monster. Did you see where that ball landed? If the roof was open that ball would have landed in the city jail parking lot ...outside the park.

I have to give it to St. Louis for that incredibly disappointing comback. They earned that one.

All and all...what an exciting game that was. Dissapointing, ...but truly exciting.

**May the "Baseball Gods" have their lights shining down on the Astro's

...when this all comes to an end in St.Louis ! **

~ G O A s t r o 's !!!

--------------------------------

Well shoot folks - while the Astros may well have the best overall pitching in the league at the moment, I want the Cards to pull this out. My heart has been with them since as a child I listened to the Cards on KMOX with Harry Carey - in deep southern Arkansas. My father taught me how to play poker over the years as we listened to the old motorola tube AM radio (as an aside I still have that radio - broke it apart several months ago as I had acquired a block of tubes at an estate auction - it now works again...). Go Cards - we are looking for the miracle...

Yo Tom - I too would like to see a mixem up with Chicago - It would be fun if we could move our dominance to the city and not just the Cubbies[:P]

Regardless, still the greatest game on the planet....

Man, how one swing of a bat can turn the mood of an entire city (good in ours and ????? in Houston).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=second/guessing/2005

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/columns/story?columnist=olney_buster&id=2194717

Memo to the person or entity that hung the outfield banner proclaiming Astros the NL champs (waiting to unfurl it). You might want to hide it better the next time Houston is in that position because the St. Louis media and the Cardinals were well aware of it. Oh, and even the Cardinals were surprised just how much celebrating was going on in the Houston clubhouse while the Cardinals were still batting (according to Larry Walker - including jumping up and down and "dancing.")

As Albert says, it is not over until the twenty-seventh out. Garner should have walked Albert to get to Sanders (who has looked pathetic before Lidge).

Still will be really tough for the Cards, but its a different series now.

Yes, Tom, we would love a Chi-St. Louis series.

Carl.

Looks like Bush Stadium will have another game or two played in it before it gets tore down.

That home run that Pujols hit had too be one of the longest in playoff history, what a hit.

I live about an hour drive from St Louis and have always been a cards fan so GO CARDS !!!!!!!!!!

All I can I say...it's about time !

I finally get MY chance to see MY team play in the World series.

I swear I grew up never believing we could make it to the big one.

But, it has finally happened.

Congratulations to the Astro's for a well earned series win !

Go Astros !!

"I finally get MY chance to see MY team play in the World series. "

I know the feeling! It is hell to be close and have the door slammed in your face.

For instance, when Baltimore's Tito Landrum hit Britt Burns' 150th pitch in game 4 of the 1983 ALCS off the face of the second deck at Comiskey Park to finish off the Sox (and Lamarr Hoyt was pitching game 5). I thought that team had a great shot at a WS, but it was not to be. I was holding a ticket to that Game 5 (skipped school for 2 days to get it). I knew that Hoyt was unhittable.

The strike season also was a crusher to the Sox WS hopes, as that team had as good of a shot as anyone to win it all that year. The Sox had the second best record in the American League (behind the Yankees) - but the Sox had the Yankees number that year. Instead of a quick dagger to the heart (Landrum), this was a sloooooooow, agonizing end of what I envisioned as the best Sox team of the 90's - and an eventual world champion.

But now there is a World Series in Chicago.

But now there is a World Series in Chicago (it sounded so good, I just had to type it again).

Anyone got any tickets????[:D]

Hearing Milo Hamilton call the game "Astros win the pennant" was a long time coming.

As for the Astros being a "Expansion" team get over yourself. That was then, this is now. I guess some people live in the past. As the 4th largest city in the nation we should just show our respect to the New Yorks, LA's, Chicago, St. Louis, Green Bay and the other "Legend" franchises. But we are in and St. Louis is not. Roy Oswalt shut down the Cardinals and that is a fact. Whether or not we are an expansion team makes no difference. The series with the White Sox will be an evenly matched series with excellant pitching, small ball hitting and great coaching. Of course it is not what the networks want, but our team is in and the 5 million area residents will be supporting them. I guess the Marlins should get the same respect as our Astros.

You should have seen the people filing into our sports stores last night to purchase the hats, t-shirts and memorabilia. Even our local sports commentators were at a loss for words after the win.

Hey Craig, Kelly Brown moved up to Dallas. PM me if you need his email. We went up to the Ferret his last night here, or whatever they are calling it these days. He is still playing and is now practicing his Dreamtheater licks. Cheers.

Craig doesn't take much interest in the Big Leauges, his big shot is when the carnival comes to town, that's when he breaks out his best flannel shirt and Marlboro cap and has himself a good time.

Yup but this would be very similar to watching the Sox play......... or would it be the circus?