Where did the love go?

RossVTaylor

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the BB's that I have posted to, including this one, there always seems to be a small number of people who are intolerant of others opinions. Whatever they claim to hear is the only "truth" and has to be accepted simply because they say it is so. And their opinions are to be accepted as "fact", whether or not they can be proven scientifically. This is just individual personality traits I suppose. Couple this with the fact that it is very difficult to communicate subtle nuances with the written word and it seems that civility can come to an end more quickly than if the same discussion was being held face to face.

Sometimes the posting of this minority gets so out of line that I have to stick my nose in and speak up. For the most part, however, I have found that it is best that I only post on topics that involve equipment I have actual experience with, and I avoid posting to topics where I would have to give an "opinion". I quickly grew weary of being attacked, especially when my comments did not tow the "audiophile" line. Areas that involve the "sound" of electronics and cables are areas that I really try to avoid.

Overall, I have found this board to be more civil than most. Probably because we all have a common "Klipsch" thread tying us together. If you really want some fun, go to a BB that focuses on planar speakers and tell them that horns are the only way to go!

------------------

L/C/R: Klipsch Heresy II

Surround: Klipsch RS-3

Subwoofers: 2 HSU-VTF-2

Pre/Pro/Tuner: McIntosh MX-132

AMP: McIntosh MC-7205

DVD: McIntosh MVP-831

CD Transport: Pioneer PD-F908 100 Disc Changer

Turntable: Denon DP-72L

Cassette: Nakamichi BX-1

T.V. : Mitsubishi 55905

SAT/HDTV: RCA DTC-100

Surge Protector: Monster Power HTS-5000

Deang may I add to this...

If all speakers sound the same then Bo$e sounds the same as the Klipsch! cwm27.gif

And the Sony WM40 "sub" sounds as good as a SVS Ultra driven by a Carver TFM-75 power amp. cwm3.gif

LOL

Kevin S I only post from experience,I dont imagine sound like some may like to think.I know most doubt how can I listen to all this gear.Its simple I spend many hours each week in audio shops and borrow some gear home to audition,plus I own a good load of audio gear.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Gee, I have never said all speakers sound the same. Where did that come from?

I never even said that all electronics "sound" the same. I just said that I get "attacked" when I express an opinion different from those who say that they all have a "sound".

It was not my intention to elicit comments about the above issue, and since that was not the topic of this thread, I'll not comment further.

------------------

I started posting with the nickname TheEAR.After a few arguments on AudioReview some pointed TheEAR should use his TWO ears! cwm5.gif Then the TheEAR(s) was born.With two ears I could now enjoy stereo and sourround sound as much as the next poster.

Later while browsing the net I found Neoseeker,and their audio section.I wanted to register as TheEAR and then TheEAR(s),both taken!?.So I tried "theears" and it worked.So I decided to end all my posts with TheEAR(s) Now theears

Most who saw my spicy posts( cwm23.gif )on diferent boards would know right away TheEAR(s) is theears.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

After reading the previous posts and thinking of a couple of apologizes I owe to the board for previous comments in the past(some good, some not so good), I have checked my Crown Royal at the door before entering (and to add, forgot, my Tony Stewart ballcap...OH YES...(those late nighters kill ya).

Everyone here is great, and have been alot of help to me in the past(personally, and just reading the forum discussions). I enjoy the way people have interacted here, in humour and knowledge. I've learned more here than any of those University Degrees available on the back of a book of matches..DOHH.. Smile.gif

keep Klipsch rockin!

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 10-15-2001 at 09:01 PM

Deang,

Naturally, apology accepted. I guess I proved (at my own expense) my own point about how easy it is to misinterpert the written word! Someday I'll get the hang of this.

------------------

Though my work has kept me away from the forum lately...I LOVE THIS B-BOARD!...The fact that many have noticed a slight shift lately in tone and tolerance is, in my opinion, great proof that we are a community, a passionate one, who is truly interested in the "quality of life" here...compared to just about every other forum on the net the Klipsch forum stands out head and shoulders above the others in the quality of the information and genuine interest in each other's well being expressed daily here...all the others have "land mines"...I am constantly reminded in other forums of the potential for ugliness, ego, venting, etc. but on the Klipsch forum it is a ture rarity...I have made good friends here, gotten excellent information and help here, I will stay here...warm regards from sunny el salvador! Tony

------------------

*1993 K-Horns w/ ALK x-overs*Marantz 7T preamp*Dynaco MkIV monoblocks (modded to triode)*Sony CDP-CX350 and CX-230 CD changers*MSB link DACIII (96k upsampling)*MSB silver digital director (for switching and jitter reduction)*Technics M-85 professional Cassette Deck*SAE MK VIII tuner*Luxman PD-272 turntable, Grado Red cartridge*Cardas Crosslink speaker cable*Monster M550i for all interconnects*Monster HTS3500 Reference Powercenter Conditioner