Who is stuck at work today

SCOOTERDOG

Welcome to the post Thanksgiving blues. While most people are enjoying a nice 4 day holiday some of are working, me included. My office is dead today. There are only 7 people working on my side of the building out of about 24. Since I am in the TV business we don't get the Friday after Thanksgiving off unless you use vacation time. Since I only have a 3 days of vacation left this year I decided to use it during Christmas.

So how many others here are twitling their thumbs at work today? Since most of our clients are closed or having big holiday sales there is no chance in hell my sales people (2 that are here) will even do any business today.

O well guess I'll work on budgets as you know I die for that :(

scooter

I'm here. Just too much to do (so I'm here on the forum?).[:^)]

I'd much rather be spending time with my daughter who is home from college for the break but my son now works in the same building so we'll probably have lunch together. My wife is working today also so I suppose it isn't that bad. My daughter would probably ditch me and go visit friends anyway..........

Sorry to hear you have to work today. I'm a lucky sort and have the day off. My wife is off today as well, she wants to shampoo the carpets which means the noise will drive me nuts, so I'm sure it will force me to go out into my theater and work on my surround cubbies.

at work, but at least I got to sleep until 6:30. My wife and kids got up at 4:00 and went to BB to get the free(after rebate) DTV HD receiver. I am going to take an extended lunch and polish off the turkey and hash brown casseroll sp?. And talk about quiet, all of our contractors and vendors are shut down, there's one other manager here and the phone's are being answered in Charleston. Not that anyone's at work to call. Maybe the service department is getting some calls. Well, maybe not, it's like 60 degrees and not many people are running their heat. Oh well.

hey Willie, u out there? ya'll servin leftovers tonite?

at work, but at least I got to sleep until 6:30. My wife and kids got up at 4:00 and went to BB to get the free(after rebate) DTV HD receiver. I am going to take an extended lunch and polish off the turkey and hash brown casseroll sp?. And talk about quiet, all of our contractors and vendors are shut down, there's one other manager here and the phone's are being answered in Charleston. Not that anyone's at work to call. Maybe the service department is getting some calls. Well, maybe not, it's like 60 degrees and not many people are running their heat. Oh well.

hey Willie, u out there? ya'll servin leftovers tonite?

Hey Billy , I had to pull a double Friday , " the price for having Thanksgiving off " . Worked from 10 am to 11:30 pm , pretty brutal . I'm gettin to old to be doing that kind of stuff . As far as serving leftovers we had a turkey salad croissant served with a watercress and arugula salad topped with cranberry vin. , and a turkey , bacon club wrap with roasted garlic aoli served with sweet potato fries for lunch specials . At dinner we had a savory turkey soup garnished with cranberry chutney as our dinner soup special . On Thanksgiving the resteraunt did 700+ covers , and the turkey dinner with choice of desert was $28.00 per person ; glad I was able to spend the day with the family ... ps How was the turkey and hash brown casserole ?

I've been off since Tuesday 11 AM (I went in extra early

tuesday). The main reason was that I was in Richmond for two

days, undergoing LASIK surgery. The actual procedure took place

Tuesday afternoon, but I opted to stay overnight in Richmond (since I

had to go back in the day after for follow-up). I had TG and the

day after off as paid holiday, then, of course, the weekend. I

did get to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra while in Richmond, though, on

Wedenday evening. Back in to the office tommorrow. I have

to go back to Richmond on Tuesday to attend a seminar on MIcrosoft's

new Visual Studio 2005 development suite, and yet again for another

follow-up visit for the LASIK this next mondey (the 5th). Pretty

sweet that I don't have to wear glasses anymore, though.

You mean some people actually get Holidays Off? In my profession, where the lights, A/C, steam, water, etc. have to be available 24/7, we don't get days off based on Holidays! Heck, they don't even pay us extra to work them, they just give us an extra day off to take some other time when we are not too busy!

You mean some people actually get Holidays Off? In my profession, where the lights, A/C, steam, water, etc. have to be available 24/7, we don't get days off based on Holidays! Heck, they don't even pay us extra to work them, they just give us an extra day off to take some other time when we are not too busy!

that may be illegal. Good grief, with all the HR issues out there today I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Geez you can't say squat to an employee anymore much less screw him out of time off. I went through a wage and hour audit and it was almost as pleasant as the affirmative action audit, which is about as pleasant as a colonoscopy.