SEVEN THOUSAND POSTS

colterphoto1

That's seven thousand posts people. [^] Thanks for being my new brothers. I calculate that I've spent approximately $7000 this past year on my used Heritage acquisitons. Every one has been a 'bargain', I think that Klipsch Heritage are still the best bang for the buck going. Just got off the phone with DrWho, who's helped with a lot of transportation. Came to the realization that I moved into this house last June with 2 Cornwalls and the KSB1.1's from the office. In late 2004, picked up the RB5/RC7 setup, Bello stand and some other goodies.

But 2005 was the year the Michael's House of Klipsch was built. Read my sig line, almost all of this happened in this calendar year. It's been crazy!

First it was the Miami trip to get the 63 Cornwalls that Trey pointed out to me, then Detroit where I got the glass split LSI's in perfect shape, and a visit to Picky's. A Forum buddy let me in on a pretty pair of LSBR's that everyone has been trying to talk me out of (single owner, nice stain and BLO).

Later in summer I and old buddy IndyKlipschFan travelled back to Miami and I got 2 LS bass bins from that trip. Somewhere along the line two more pair of CW's were chauffered here by DrWho, who also brought a pair of Heresies from Chicago and sold me his old beater pair from his car. Then I got the HDW's from BSButton, loveingly reveneered in walnut, my first refurbished Heritage. That made 6 Heresies total.

And BillH sold me a pair of KG4's that I love, as well as a pair of RB5's which he repurchased later that month.

Another pair of split LSI's came from New Orleans recently courtesy of member dtel, without who's help I'd never been able to grab them. Picked up Cleve's CF3's and finally got them freighted to him out east. EDIT Crud, ArfNBark reminded me of the HK purchases, I got a HK430 and 730 this year. Had to have something to power all those Klipschseesessesssss.

Along the way there's been xover purchases from BEC and PopBumper, other speaker dealings with Tom Brennon , 3dzapper, DamonPayne, Spaaaz, Bonzo, Shane_O_Mac, and others. GaryMD has sent box after box of LP's at reasonable price. I've gotten to meet or have converstions with Frzninvt, CalBlacksmith, Woodog, JMalotkey, Boomac, Kriton, Wheelman, Fini, LarryC. Seti, Seadog, Michael Hurd, Michael Crites, MaxG, Olorin, Rplace, DukeSpinner and others. And I'll never forget those who reached out their hand when I was in the doldrums, some of the above, and tuned4life, travisc, Daddy Dee, IndyKlipschFan, and DrWho amongst them.

And who can forget those 4 abused LaScalas that I picked up from Thumplestiltskin, and sold 2 to Jay at Klipsch for his shop and 2 to DizRotus for the HS band room in Detroit area. They didn't sit in the garage long enough for me to photograph them.

Although I missed the Indy Pilgrimage again due to work schedule, I had the great privledge of travelling to Hope Arkansas with Trey Cannon and visiting the home of Klipsch. It was a wonder visit and a great memory to the greatest year in my acquisition of stereo gear ever in my life. Thanks to Tony Reed for getting the ball rolling on that trip of a lifetime.

Any Amy, dear Amy, thanks for being here and putting up with all the nonsense.

I owe a lot to you guys for the education I've received both on the gear itself and the enjoyment of it. You guys have turned me on to a lot of good deals and frankly, cost me alot of hard earned money! If I've forgotten anyone's name, you were still important to me, I just wanted to challenge myself to notate as many as I could remember from my faulty memory banks. I've met one heck of a lot of nice people here on the Klipsch Forum.

Oh, and I hope I've added to the fun somewhat. I try to keep it real and helpful where I can.

Thanks for lessons on life and brotherhood. Because that's really what it's all about.

For that I God Bless you. Thanks for being here guys.

Michael

yeah Fish, in my case one obsession begat another. But at least I have something to show for it now.

btw, I just SOLD MY FIRST PAIR of speakers. Those KG2's that I just bought are going to a student in Canada. His first pair of Klispch. Hope he's happy with them.

M

Holy cow, Mr. Colter!!!

At my current posting rate It will take me until the year 2051 to reach seven large.

I'd be 92 years old in May of that year.

I'm either lurking too much or have not nearly enough questions/answers....

Maybe it's the friendly fellow forum members that have persuaded you to use the keyboard as often as you do here.

Of course, the passion for quality sound reproduction has plenty to do with it also.

I'm pretty sure it's the people, however. Good sound speaks for itself.

You keep on posting Michael. We enjoy your opinions and advice, friend!

WOOF!

Thanks guys,

yes Gary, I meant to look it up to see who was in my sights next !

Thanks for all the LP's. I finally got my shelving set up and am slowing going through and giving a good listen. My 'Gary shelf' is about 3' long of Pop, Jazz, and some classical that you've sent me. Less big hair bands from the 80's in the next box please. But I'm very happy with the collection of Windham Hill artists you've shipped me. Must be like 20 different artists there. Very relaxing and thought provoking music- sound good on vinyl too.

Thanks

Michael

Congrats Mr. Colter,

You are sounding good on your 7,000th post, good to see the happy Michael back.[:D]

You have been on this forum 5 months longer than Gary and he talks about you having to much time on your hands....[:o][:P][;)]

1,000 looks way off in the distance to me let alone 7,000, whew, thats alot of typing.

Hay, and thanks for always being on the look out for a pair of Lascalas for the barn. One of these days I will have the money when the perfect pair comes up.

I wish you all the best in the comming year and look forward to reading your next 7,000.[H]

Steve

Edit: Looks like I hit 600 today.......[:D][:D]

Wow, 7000 posts!

Michael, it was a pleasure getting to spend time with you in Hope, as well as the other guys. I think this Forum is an easy place to spend a lot of time because it is so interactive on a personal level. I feel like I know many of the Forum members better than most of my neighbors.

So, with a house full of Heritage, when are you gonna get the tube amplification bug? That would be another interesting journey as well, and good for at least another 7000 posts!

David

Well don't forget all the services you've performed for the forum too!

I know you've carted Chorus II's back from florida for me as well as

picked up a nice pair of heresies from Damon in Wisconsin. And of

course the hours upon hours of listening sessions...you seriously are

the goto guy when it comes to music and that's the most important part

of this hobby.

well it's easy math, but if I've spent $7000 or so in 7000 posts, it means I put a dollar in the Klipsch fund every time I press POST. Do the math on yourselves guys, are you getting by cheap? Or have you overspent for your posting time? Just a weird factoid I came up with. It's how my brain works....[8-)]

I kinda thought I was no slouch when it came to posting but you sailed past me like I lost my keyboard.

Been fun - but I have only read 6200 of your posts - must have missed some somewhere along the line[:D]

(PS - you know staying on the booze would have been cheaper - and the company probably similar - if not as obsessive!!!)

Wow, over 7,000 posts. You've been on the board a little over 3 years. So if you averaged just 3 minutes per post, which is probably low, that's 21,000 minutes = 350 hours. At a rate of 40 hours/week (standard fulltime job), that's roughly 9 weeks total, or 3 weeks/year. So, my question is if you have been spending roughly 3 weeks/year on this board, what have you been neglecting?;)