Movies to Show off your Killer System

Wild Blue

Star Wars Episode One!!! Didn't notice any hiss, but maybe because I was so in awe of the super quality. Planet of the Apes, Unbreakable, Bone Collector, Daylight(DTS), What dreams may come, Independence Day, Men In Black, Dances with Wolves (DTS), Titan A.E., The Haunting (DTS), Dragonheart (DTS), Pretty much any Disney movie with a 5.1 soundtrack. For 7.1, some of the titles mentioned above, especially SW Ep1, also the Patriot (Don't know if it was mixed for 7.1, but works really well.) Just some Reference Quality discs not mentioned above. Should keep you busy for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with all the movies mentioned, but how can the last 3 007 movies not get recognized when action/sound showoff movies are discussed. Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough, provide more than enough action sound effects to show off a killer Home Theater system even if you hate the James Bond genre. Pull these 007 DVDs out of your library for review.

KLF 20's

C7

RF3 II's

KSW15 and KSW 12 subwoofers

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD/CD

Yamaha RXV 795

Mits 55" 16x9 widescreen

Upon reviewing my DVD shelf after my last post, there is one movie that absolutely must make this list of audio show off DVDs.

Ronin! If you haven't seen it, you must. It is full of wonderful surround sounds beginning with the opening rainy scenes, shootouts, car chases, skate blades on ice and much more.

KLF 20's

C7

RF3 II's

KSW15 and KSW 12 subwoofers

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD/CD

Yamaha RXV 795

Mits 55" 16x9 widescreen

I need to correct a mistake some of us(including me) have made with the T2 title. I believe the title we're referring to is not Special Edition(SE), but Ultimate Edition. That's the one with DD-EX and DTS-ES soundtrack and the impressive visual effects in the menu that say "Cyberdyne" and have the Terminator metallic skull.

• 3 weeks later...

Even thoug there are no special amazing sound effects in this one,i love it so be quiet.(Don't laugh)

I put in the music DVD:International SuperVideos by Green Day!!!No deep bass but its just great show of mids and highs!I made my bose ht set crackle.(I didn't buy the bose,its my dads.Don't make fun,it actually sounds great!)cwm30.gif

For movies:Id say Mission To Mars,the bass is incredible and the soundtrack is so amazing!!!The music on that is so great.It really is a great movuie too!

------------------

~You laugh because im diffrent,i laugh because your ugly~

GreenDay Rules!

"Im a newbie at anything physical,but i can talk alot"-Me

here's a few: sting-brand new day dvd; eagles-hfo, epecially 7 bridges road; pearl harbor disc 1 ch 22; godzilla-first 'fire at will' scene; terminator 2 METAL BOX EDITION W/DD-EX AND DTS-ES, gladiator 'unleash hell', ac/dc 'stiff upper lip'-pick your favorite songs and lean on the volume! james taylor 'live at the beacon theater'-'shower the people'; yes at the house of blues-AWESOME!! star wars episode 1 disc 2-pod race; SACD-meatloaf 'bat out of hell'...avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 on the way!!

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/$22 vinyl pull-down window shade 'screen'-rough side out

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

• 3 weeks later...

Another movie not mentioned is The Mummy Returns DVD. Watched it last week twice in 6.1ES mode on my Yamaha RXV1000 and my Klipsch RB5's,along with my SW10 sub and I was blown away by the awsome sound. The fight scenes between the good guys and the baddies had superior sound. The clanging of the swords was as if they were right in front of me.

How about these (don't think some have been mentioned):

MJ to the MAX -(UN-F*CKING-REAL) the IMAX experience on dvd. If you zoom... there is NO distortion. A MUST for the true Jordan fan.

Matrix -of course.

The Jackal - the scene where he kills the maker of the tripod and then blows up the car. (that precision craftsmanship)

Dolby DIgital Demo Disc - cool trailers

Swordfish - Opening claymore mine spin scene

Deep Blue Sea - The helicoppter scene including the glass breaking.

U571 - of course

Three Kings - C4 Nerf football shooting on back of Hummer.

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents

The Superbit versions are esp nice... good call on The Fifth Element. Lots of ambient pseudo-technoir background music plus it features the largest controlled indoor explosion ever -- plus the aria by the Diva -- lots of highs; crystallic.

Obviously T2 and The Matrix are going to be in there, so I won't mention any already posted.

Blade

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Alien Trilogy

I know there are a lot more movies with superb sound, but I haven't been able to experience them on DVD yet.

------------------

SMI SiS 645 Ultra

Intel P4 1.8GHz

Corsair 512MB DDR333

IBM Deskstar 80GB 7200RPM

Gainward GF2 Ti-500XP

SB Audigy Plat Ex - Klipsch PM 5.1

Plextor 24x10x40; Sony 52x

C.Labs 56k v92 =)

quote:

Originally posted by tgourlie:

Ah yes Blade, great flick on DVD. I hear there coming out with another one. Could be just rumor though. Don't know how I forgot that one.

Tis true... Blade 2 is coming out this summer with Wesley Snipes again. Obviously, the preview showed about 50 clips all 1 second in length so you can't really tell much about it, though he did seem to have a small army with him this time.

Love that opening rave scene with New Order's 'Confusion' pounding to the action. Mmmmmm good stuff.

cwm35.gif

------------------

SMI SiS 645 Ultra

Intel P4 1.8GHz

Corsair 512MB DDR333

Gainward GF2 Ti-500XP

SB Audigy Plat Ex - Klipsch PM 5.1

Plextor 24x10x40; Sony 52x

C.Labs 56k v92 =)

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Saving Private Ryan, Widescreen & DTS edition is nothing short of awesome!! It should be required viewing for everyone from a historical standpoint if nothing else, because of its brutally accurate depiction of WWII and the heroic sacrifice of the men who fought it.

All gave some, but some gave all.

Almost forgot... saw The Fugitive in the theater when it came out in '93 ... and the train wreck scene blew me away.

Viewed it again on DVD... still rocks. Some good shotgun effects on the prison bus, too. Not exactly an "action" movie but it has some good moments. cwm11.gif

------------------

SMI SiS 645 Ultra

Intel P4 PGA478 1.8GHz

Corsair 512MB 2100 DDR333

Gainward GF2 Ti-500XP 64MB DDR

SB Audigy Plat. Ex - Klipsch PM 5.1 + DD-5.1

Plextor 24x10x40 CD-RW; Sony 52x CD-R; Pioneer 16x DVD

Creative 56k v.92 =)