The Road To Forty (NFL Playoff Schedule)

On another note: It appears that "Seahawk Fan" is stepping up to the plate. Hoteliers and travel companies report that while the first couple of days were mostly Steeler fans making the bookings for Detroit, the percentages are now leveling out some. By Wednesday, booking agencies were reporting that it was about a 50/50 split amongst fans making inquiries on Wednesday.

Looks like Billy Boy is finally using that money for something worthwhile....

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, and what makes it nice is I can keep my options open. [;)]

Other favorite teams

St Louis Rams

San Franciso 49ers

Seattle is #1 though.

Honestly, I'd take the Saints and be happy if we could get a football team. Only pro sports we have is Portland Trailblazers (I hate basketball) and we just got some professional Lacross team. There is talk about moving the Florida Marlins to Portland, but I know there's a better chance of it snowing in Saudia Arabia than that happening.

Not sure why Portland doesn't have a team, they have the size and it is always voted as one of the best cities to live in every year since 2000. Property consistantly appreciates there each year, and it one of the most beautiful cities I have even been to. The Gorge, Columbia River and Mt. Hood, some of the most impressive sites to see in the US.

Yup, and what makes it nice is I can keep my options open. [;)]

Honestly, I'd take the Saints and be happy if we could get a football team.

Is that a compliment or what?

hehehe

the AINTS Stink..and yet we still love em here....hehehe

The possibility of the Seahawks blowing out the Steelers is as slim as Rossie O'Donnel.

The Seahawks have a very good offense, but then again the Steeler's D can hold their best against anyone as showcased so far in the playoffs. It feels like the Superbowl weekend is just too far away, the anticipation is ridiculous. I gotta start planning my Superbowl dinner and drinks soon! Speaking of which , whats on the menu for you folks that night?

Portland ROCKS. It really IS an awesome city. Property's a bit out of my league, though. Some I know who did live there were "housebroke" - but considering the coastal region it's a relative bargain. It can seem a bit dull to eastern and midwesterners because of the lack of the usual accruements we are used to: I would want pro football, pro baseball, amusement parks......certain things aren't as available in P-town as in other regions (you can get these in Seattle, however). And WOW, the BEST music festivals ever created (Hornings and Seattle's Bumbershoot).

But what it lacks is made up for in what you can find in very few places. Coastal location, beautiful landscapes, and a nicely managed and laid out city that really isn't "city" at all. It's more like a big "town". Great brew pubs, great eats, healthy living, and a very "homey" kind of place. Oregon as a whole is really a nice place to live.

I wouldn't look for Portland to get a football team anytime soon - LA will get one first (TV market). I guess if Jax got one, Portland could get one - but I would guess that Seattle would be considered "close enough" for most NFL execs to feel that Portland isn't a "must have" market.

m00n: "Seattle Fan" is a demographic or a "collective group". As in "Seahawk Fan will be the minority in Detroit" or "Raider Fan will be ready when KC comes to Oakland". I guess I've been listening to too much Jim Rome[:D]

I wouldn't be confident in victory from EITHER side of the ball. I think this is the toughest game to pick/bet, and this is reflected in the betting line. If I had to bet this game, I would take Seattle, because it is well known amongst oddsmakers in Las Vegas that there is ALWAYS a pro Pittsburgh bias in the betting line (and the betting line is reflective of public opinion). I think Seattle +4 1/2 is the better bet here, because this is truly a closer matchup - and the built in Pittsburgh bias makes Seattle a better "value". I could also see Pittsburgh winning - but Seattle covering the spread. This game seems that close.

This place is FULL of Steeler fans - and it's only Friday. They have been running an experiment down at the Ren Cen (NFL headquarters, as well as GM, Marriott hotel, and many shops) with one of the candy shops, who is offering Steeler and Seahawk jelly beans. Sales of the Steeler variety are outselling Seahawk colors by over 2-1. Steeler colors are VERY prominent in the "D".

LOTS of Steeler jerseys at the Pepsi Smash concert last night, too - and come to think of it - I never saw a Seahawk jersey in the venue.

Audible Nectar, you're our inside man :D keep us updated! How're all the pre-XL festivities?? I was watching some amateur footage shot around Detroit and wow Steeler Nation is well represented.

I can't wait for this sunday, why does it seem so far away ... not a day goes by without anxiety

Phew.... How you guys hanging in there? Getting twitchy yet? I need it to be beer 30 right now so I can go home and relax.

Listen all you Steeler guys.... As we get closer to the game, I may start to get a little more testy that I have. It's nothing personal, I hope you guys understand that. I expect pissy comments from you guys as well and perhaps some down right name calling. [;)]

I hope that by next weekend, we can become friends again. [:D]

Phew.... How you guys hanging in there? Getting twitchy yet? I need it to be beer 30 right now so I can go home and relax.

Listen all you Steeler guys.... As we get closer to the game, I may start to get a little more testy that I have. It's nothing personal, I hope you guys understand that. I expect pissy comments from you guys as well and perhaps some down right name calling. [;)]

Expected and very welcomed...just be prepared for it in return! Heck you have put up with my ranting for almost a month now!

City of Pittsbrugh is going nuts here, everyone is in Black and Gold waving Terrible Towels. Happy Hours are happening everywhere tonight and through the weekend.

It been the longest 2 weeks of my life!!

Gotta run 4:00 PM...Let happy hour begin!!!!

Here we go.....Steelers....Here we go! Pittsburghs going to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!

post-11266-13819281343188_thumb.jpg

mOOn, likewise here ;) how can I be a Steeler maniac without a little trash talking?

I stand by my comment, Porter is gonna behead someone on that Seahawks offense. Its gonna be a hard hitting game, the Seahawks better have taken their energy drinks.. they'll need it in order to even think about matching the intensity :P

What makes you think the Seahawks will not be up to the physical challenge? Everyone was saying the same thing about Carolina. That they were a physical football team. In fact, I've heard from more than one source that Carolina and Pittsburgh have very similar defenses. Also, the whole weak schedule thing just don't fly with me. It's not the Seahawks fault for the schedule they play.

Another in fact, I've been seeing reports that there are trends showing more support for Seattle by some of the football analysists. People who thought that it was going to be a Steeler wash is beginning to change their tune. But hey, we all know those guys can be wrong so I'm not putting much stock into what they have to say but it is good to see a little more Seahawk love.

What is really upsetting me though is that there is a nasty strom coming in off the Pacific Coast tonight and tomorrow. If it's as bad as they say, it could knock out power and who knows how long until the power is back on.

I'm so tired of hearing all the media scream as if the Steelers have already won it, I don't like all that attention and crap-talk prior to the game. I'd much rather they evaluate the situation from more of a neutral perspective. Way too much attention on Bettis, well allright to me hes one of the greatest players to have ever played this game, but come on ... too much media focus, don't like it. But hes a pro.. hes been in this game for long enough to know not to let the media get to his head, hes gonna tell his mates just that as well I'm sure.

I enjoy watching these sports show and analyzations but theres not a lot of their predictions that I'll believe. And I haven't heard about this nasty storm you talk off, ah man it better not do any major damage, or any damage that will dampen the spirits or the game itself. I wanna be that 65yr old someday telling his grandson that when his grand'pa was 19 he saw the Steelers unleash inifite cans of whoop-*** on the Seahawks ;)