Klipsch Poster?

John Pearlman

Hey, I work for a large format printer. Most posters are run on an off-set type press, with a couple hundred minimum run, hence that $10-15 *retail* price tag each.

However, the onesy-twosies are way more expensive, at somewheres around $8-12/*square foot*. A 22"x28" would be between $40-60, possibly less and depending on finishing options. If you have a digital file, I can print it. We use various medias for in-door and out-door use, like vinyl banners and such.

I've been meaning to contact the appropriate whomevers at Klipsch, to see if they'd be interested in anything like this.

Amy/Trey; maybe you could direct me through the proper channels, in a PM? [:D]

Bring back the blk T-shirts too.

Or how about a remake of the classic LaScala poster that sold on ebay a while back, went something like this: "with a thirty five watt amp and LaScalas you can rock your apartment" and than at the bottom it said "or the whole building". It read something close to that and the first picture was an apartment building with just one apartment lit up with a party inside and the second picture was of the whole building obviously awake from all the noise.

Ironwoods,

I sent coulterphoto one of my exploded LaScala pics (very small one attached). I have this as an 18x20 imagae and as a 32x40 image. Right now those are jpg files because they aren't for editing. If someone wanted to do a run of those I would only ask for a small but of remuneration. Be happy to add other text orwork with Klipsch to put any official stuff on there that they might like. After all, I did snitch their logo for the corner.

We send PDF files to our local printer all the time, which they are happy to work with. I could do the same.

I don't imagine that Klipsch wants to have the inventory to keep track of. Just like the speakers themselves, there is an economy of scale, especially in the printing business. The biggest cost is in the prep work. The paper, even for nice posters, isn't that great. If you are doing offset work you have the negs and plates, and cleanup afterwards. I guess a lot of places don't even have to use film negs anymore, but go straight to the plates, but the more you print the cheaper per piece it gets.

Bruce

post-7149-1381927903402_thumb.jpg

The exploded La Scala would be a very cool poster. If someone gets that together for a small run of prints, I'd be interested.

Also, if some one gets any kind of Klipsch logo printing done, if Klipsch gives permission to offer the posters on the forum, I am sure there would be enough interest to lower the price per copy significantly.

I have been wanting to get some old vintage gear ads that I like framed. There are lots of them @ http://www.hifilit.com/ I don't know if it violates copyright laws or anything but it wold be cool on some nice paper. I wold like some nice Lowther Quad and Leak ads to reprint or buy.

If anyone has any http://www.hifilit.com/hifilit/Lowther/1960-1.jpg Lowther Folder Corner Horn Reproducer ads please forward me one : )

That would make a great poster. For all the Khorn owners with long walls they should do a long, say 15'x3', "timeline" banner in the same style which would cover the most notable changes and improvements to the Klipsch line. Than at the end they could put the 60th anniversary Khorn so ten years from now we can all laugh about how dated it is.

Hey Marvel, thats *your* artwork? [H]

homemadeheresy; (can I call you "DIY"), we print rectangles with red "x's" all the time...........our biggest seller.[;)]

Sure, DIY will work, I've been called worse [6], its been sixteen years since I first heard a set of Klipsch speakers. I've finally got a set of speakers with all Klipsch components, other than the passive radiators. With my little 150 watt amp I'm am totally amazed. The passive radiator adds a little more on the low end, and the k-77 sitting right above the k-52-ti(s) make all the highs so crisp and clean. Just amazing, simply amazing.

Stay tuned for photos of my next project[;)]