Steelers n Colts!

ranjith

That was the biggest horsesh@t overturn call I have ever seen.

Absolutely the worst call reversal. If Indy had won that would have been a case to dismiss the entire officiating crew from all future service to the NFL. IMO College Football has the best replay system, have it reviewed in the booth and take it out of the hands of the idiot zebras on the field. Of course then there was the Bus fumbling inside the 5 and the game winds up in the shaky hand of a kicker. He was not even close on that. Still a great game. Go Steelers kick the crapola out of the Bronco's. Now if Da Bears can just get it together.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very, very happy right now.[:D] I agree the Colts made a mistake by cruising after they had home field advantage. A team needs to go into the playoffs hot like the Steelers did.

It also looks like it might have been a mistake for Chicago not to play Grossman that last game. He needed all of the experience he could get. Still early in the game however, maybe he will snap out of it.

Congrats to the Steelers and their fans!!! It was a tough day for Indy.

The replay official should probably be fired for overturning the interception. The control demonatrated was perfect through two 360 degree revolutions. That is the epitome of football control.

Bill

Congrats Steelers!!!

I just hope that they didn't blow their wad in Indy and have enough juice to smoke the Donkey's. If Cowar plays as conservative in the Denver game as he did in the 2nd half in the Indy game than I will become either a Seattle or Carolina fan!!!

Go Steelers!!!

Odds are out....

Conference Championships Jan 22

AFC - Pittsburgh at Denver (-3)

3 PM EST on CBS

NFC - Carolina at Seattle (-4.5)

6:30 PM EST on FOX

I guess home fields counts for something....

Never understood gambling odds. What do these numbers mean?

Odds are out....

3 PM EST on CBS

Never understood gambling odds. What do these numbers mean?

m00n,

easy way to look at it...

Denver is favored by 3 point (-3 means they are 3 point favorites - score at kickoff is Steelers 3 and Broncos 0)

Since Pittsburgh is the underdog, they get points to make it even.

Seattle is favored by 4.5 points. (-4.5 means they are 4.5 favorites - score at kickoff is Panthers 4.5 and Seattle 0)

Since Carolina is the underdog, they get points to make it even.

Meaning that in order for any money to be paid, Pittsburgh would have to outright beat Denver or be within 3 points to collect pay.

So if I bet $100 on the Steelers they have to either: 1) outright beat the Broncos, or 2) be within 3 points(ie Broncos 21 Steelers 20). Because even though Denver won, they didn't beat them by 3 points...therefore I collect. If the score was 21-17 in favor of the Broncos....I lose.

If the score was 20-17, 3 points across...I push, neither win nor lose, because the spread was 3. This is called a push...

Same goes for Seattle (I used Pittsburgh just because I am partial)

With that said, it is given that each home team almost automatically gets 3 points, the home field advantage. So the reason why I said "home field must count for something" is because Steelers are getting three points. If the game were played at a neutral site, it would be a "pick em" meaning there is no line/spread on the game and you "pick the winner". If Pittsburgh were playing at home they would be favored to win by 3 points, everything above would then be reversed.

Ready for Vegas???

Odds are out....

3 PM EST on CBS

That's about all they count for........these are "even" games if played on neutral sites. You want good and interesting matchups in the Conference Championships? You got 'em....

I'll pick both of the "westies" - Seattle Vs. Denver in the "D". Holmgren vs. Shanahan should be interesting.....

"Each one of them should be fined. Remember Steelers Pats this year...somehow there was an additional 0:32 on the board which gave the Pats a field goal with seconds in the game. What did the NFL officials do...reviewed on Monday and apologized to the Steelers....total BS. These guys should be fined!!"

Well it is official, just announced on ESPN. The NFL officials have just apologized, that they made an incorrect call on Troy Polamalu's interception. The call should have stood as an interception and not overturned.

That is awefully nice that they apologized...FINE THESE ZEBRAS AND GET THEM OUT OF THE NFL!!!

Also, questions are arising that Vanderjagt threw the game??

He mentioned a few years ago that Tony Dungy and Payton Manning could and would never win the Super Bowl??? Interesting..... Or could it just be the curse of Jonny Unitias????

Never mind about Vanderjagt, it could never be proven. But the call on the interception? How could they possibly have looked at the reruns and come to any conclusion other than it was an interception?

How about the "do over" call? Either someone on the Steelers moved or someone on the Colts was offside. But a "do over"? Bizarre.

"Remember Steelers Pats this year...somehow there was an additional 0:32

on the board which gave the Pats a field goal with seconds in the

game. What did the NFL officials do...reviewed on Monday and

apologized to the Steelers....total BS. These guys should be fined!!"

While I agree that was weird I don't think it changed anything. The

play before the kick was a completed pass with 50 seconds left on the

clock. The Pats let it run down to like 6 seconds left before calling

timeout and then kicking the field goal. Take out 32 seconds and they

still would have had time to kick the FG.

That overturned interception though certainly looked very very wrong to me.

Shawn

Never mind about Vanderjagt, it could never be proven. But the call on the interception? How could they possibly have looked at the reruns and come to any conclusion other than it was an interception?

How about the "do over" call? Either someone on the Steelers moved or someone on the Colts was offside. But a "do over"? Bizarre.

That whole thing made me think I was in "The Twilight Zone". One way or another, there had to be either an offside, false start, or delay of game. When neither occurred, I thought "Oh my, somebody's gonna get fired over this one".

The NFL is the only major US sports league that doesn't use full time officials. All of these guys have other jobs in the offseason. IMO, the NFL makes enough jack that they should be able to provide these games with full time, year round trained officials.

Where's Ed Hochuli when you need him?

You can bet that crew will not be working the Super Bowl.

Weird Games all weekend.

Games coming up:

Denver vs Steelers- Unless Steelers turn the ball over all day, Steelers win.

Carolina vs Seahawks- M00n I hate to say it, but Carolina. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Carolina is on a roll. My Dad picks Seahawks to win the whole thing.

Big Game: Steelers Vs Carolina. Strange things always happens against the Steelers. Seconds get added to the clock for the other team, interceptions that are ruled no catches, defensive pass interference when it's offencive, etc.

Carolina wins the big dance.

Danny

That's ok Danny. I predicted the Colts over the Steelers. Carolina lost their running back to a broken ankle and looked to have gotten beat on really bad in that game. As far as I know (outside of Alexander) Seahawks are running on all pistons. And Alexander is expected to play. [:D]

I'm glad the officials offered an apology but doesn't change anything now.. good thing the steeler came out on the bright side.

I think Seattle will come out on top against Carolina. With their running game suffering, its quite obvious they will look to Steve Smith more.. so if the Seahawks can cover him and not let him have a productive day, it'll be their game. I want a Seahawks vs. Steelers final [;)] mOOn, you and me shall sit on the opposite ends of the dinner table if that should happen.. you get the beer i'll get the ribs!!