Good speakers for under $600

33klfan

What Dirk said......or you can possibly purchase a set of Chorus for similar money (one size up).

No where else will you get so much speaker for so little. Sure they would be used - but they are built to last as long as YOU. After you die, your kids can listen to them....and their kids, and their kids kids.

I've got four sets of Heritage from the 60's and 70's: bought 'em within the last 5 years - and I plan to die owning mine.

Do these speakers do well with all kinds of music. My dad listens to mainly classic rock so i guess that would be the main genre of music for whatever speakers i get. I don't know much about the forte's. Is there any post on here already that talks about them. Also, i have about 2 months to think about it. The main problem though with these speakers is they'll be in the living room and we're replacing the fishers because of size and sound, and size is one of the 2 main reasons. That's why it looks like new skinny towers are more of the choice by my mom at least for decor. I know those forte's are probably really good. They are still in my mind though as could be a consideration in the future. Are they too much volume though for a 10' x 11' room. Also, are the drivers made of a material that last a long time or forever.

Agreed on all counts. Heresy's with a subwoofer if the above are too big. The drivers last and last. The only thing that wears out are very easily replaceable capacitors (Bob Crites can supply replacements for really really cheap). You will not get anywhere near the build quality for the price either. There is a reason that there are so many of us here.

Chris

Do these speakers do well with all kinds of music. My dad listens to mainly classic rock so i guess that would be the main genre of music for whatever speakers i get. I don't know much about the forte's. Is there any post on here already that talks about them. Also, i have about 2 months to think about it. The main problem though with these speakers is they'll be in the living room and we're replacing the fishers because of size and sound, and size is one of the 2 main reasons. That's why it looks like new skinny towers are more of the choice by my mom at least for decor. I know those forte's are probably really good. They are still in my mind though as could be a consideration in the future. Are they too much volume though for a 10' x 11' room. Also, are the drivers made of a material that last a long time or forever.

Fortes and classic rock are a match made in heaven! Fortes are known as their "rock speaker"

Do a search for Fortes and you will find lots of info on them. They are taller than a Heresy but not much wider or deeper. If you have the room, they are fantastic speakers, and NO they are not too much for a 10 x 11 room. That is the size of my listening room and my first Klipsch speakers were Forte1s. Just clean sound is what they produce be it low, medium or high volume. Place them in corners if possible toed into the room about a foot away from each wall and be prepared to be blown away.