fed-ex strikes again

joessportster

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mr. Joessportster,

First of all, for being a 40 year old

individual I highly recommend that you brush up on your your English as your posting is at the 5th grade level.

...You can call then up,

and then can tell if their is a package going to be delivered to your

home just by your address (regardless of the shipper)."

Enough said.

Dumping styrofoam peanuts on top of it in a big box is not enough. Entrusting the UPS/FedEx/Generic store clerk to pack and box it up it for you is just asking for trouble.

This is quite ironic, but I purchased an RC 7 from someone in Illinois. When I received it I was shocked and scared when I reached in and it was wrapped in some big bubble wrap and filled with half a box of peanuts. Yes, of course it was damaged and the seller did reimburse me half the cost of purchasing a replacement woofer. The seller had taken it to one of these generic shipping stores and they packaged it like amatuers! I just feel so fortunate I was able to save this beautiful speaker!

But, I can respect the way Fed Ex does business because they honored the insurance claim without hassle when they delivered damaged speakers to me. When UPS crushed my RW-12 when delivering it to the buyer, they denied my claim, saying it wasn't packaged well enough. Poppy-cock! But they ultimately paid-up as well.

D

I had a similar situation with UPS back in October. Had it not happened to me, I never would have believed it. It felt like I was in a classic Seinfeld episode.

Heres how it went down

October 19th: A small shoebox sized package was shipped to me from Italy (contents valued at $3500). Mode of shipment was intended to be USPS mail because I am stationed overseas (South Korea). By mistake, the shipper mailed it using UPS without realizing that they cannot deliver to APO addresses. By the time I discovered that the package was shipped via UPS there was nothing I could do but reroute the package to my parents home in Virginia.

October 21st: I called UPS requesting package be redirected to my parents home in Virginia. At this point the package is in Louisville. The UPS representative mentions that the package is being processed and to call back in 24 hours to make the address change.

October 22nd: I contact UPS and the representative was very friendly and makes the address change. She mentions the package will be delivered to Virginia on 24 October.

October 24th: The day comes and goes and no package.

October 25th: I call to inquire package status. The lady mentions that the package will be delivered to Los Angeles today. I asked, Delivered to whom? I live in South Korea and I requested three days ago that the package be delivered to Virginia and not to some address in LA." Im assured the package is still in transit and will arrive in Virginia within the next few days.

October 27th: After several days, the package is still in California. I call again to ask why the package is still sitting in CA. The customer rep mentions that it is scheduled for delivery in Los Angeles. For the third time, I mentioned that the package was never intended for LA, but to Virginia. He says there are no record of it going to Virginia and that maybe the previous customer reps processed the information wrong. He further requires a name and phone number to contact my parents to validate delivery of package to new location. He additionally sends a note to the LA hub to contact me. Two hours later I get a phone call from a lady in LA who promises me that she will track down my package and give me a call back once she has found it. She never calls back.

Rather than being a nuisance I allow the system time to resolve the problem. Luckily, the package has now left LA and has arrived in Louisville. On the 31st of October, a lady from Louisville calls my parents to confirm new address. My mom answers and confirms location but now they (my dad and mom) will be going on vacation to attend the Notre Dame football game in Indiana and will not be around. My mom redirects the package to the new address in Indiana (my brother lives in South Bend). The lady on the phone was very nice and makes the address change and tells my mother that the package will be delivered to South Bend, Indiana within the next day or so.

Incredibly, the package does not end up in Indiana, but back to California instead. UPS was still trying to deliver item to my APO address (which automatically redirects it back to LA). Needless to say, the phone calls went on for the next few days. With each call came lots of apologies were sorry of the inconvenience this has caused you blah blah blah, but efforts ultimately went on deaf ears with very little to nothing being done to resolve my package bouncing back and forth across the US.

November 4th: I talk to a gentleman at the LA hub asking why my package was not delivered. He mentions that the APO address cannot be delivered. I mentioned that I was aware of that fact and steps to change the address was initiated over two weeks ago. Once more, I give the man the address in Indiana. He says hell take care of it and package will be delivered on November 7th.

November 7th: No package is delivered.

November 8th: Customer rep tells me that they are having a difficult time locating my package in the warehouse.

November 9th: I call the representative assigned to my case (International Package Resolution Group) to inquire into the package status. She tells me that the LA hub was not successful in finding the package and regrets to inform me that it is now lost. I tell her the contents was valued at over $3000 and that losing this item was not an option. She promises me that she will to have the hubs continue to locate my package. It felt like I was kicked in the stomach.

November 10th: I request a trace be placed on the item.

November 11th: The UPS web tracker was now showing that my package was delivered to Virginia. However, my parents are still in Indiana and no one is home to retrieve package. The address was changed from Virginia to Indiana 12 days prior. UPS was notified of this address change no less than four times. Thankfully, my mom called a trusted neighbor to pick up package and secure it until their arrival home.

Ultimately, it took over 22 phone calls and they still failed to deliver the package to the correct destination.

See for yourself the rollercoaster ride it went on:

Tracking #: M1180195587

customsteve01 wrote One good way to pack is get a plastic bag with no holes and put some expanding foam in it and place it in the bottom of the box, it will fill up around your item. Then take another bag with the opening up and place it over your item and then fill the bag with expanding foam. Then as the foam expands close the box up, this will encase your item and make it where it will not move around. When your package arrives they just pull the top bag out of the box to get to the item. Just make sure the foam doesn't get on what your shipping.

Steve

Thats an excellent idea ...

gary, hope you got your bbx i know how it is to do without vinyl .if it hasnt arrived yet give the genius soundbite a call as he has been a fed ex pilot for 28 years and with his anal ramblings about spelling and vocabulary he could no doubt solve your problem with a phone call

soundbites may i suggest you get a life also, you are a shining example of what is wrong with companys today you come off with your smug attitude that you are somehow better than someone else (of course as it was already pointed out by others here you are far from perfect) and you make excuses for failure, quote all the technology that you have and apolagize when you cant use it to perform up to standard that you charge for. you have been a pilot for 28 years and all you have to do with your time is critic my spelling and use of the english language. pitiful existance.

joe