Belle Klipsch

johnjhazel

I've always wanted a pair of Belle Klipsch, but if I ever run into some bucks, I won't rule out the possibility. :) For dreaming a dreamy dream planning purposes, what is recommended as a good matching subwoofer? Feel free to list various types, price ranges. Remember, this is a dream....

I have one I don't use it all the time. My Belles are in corners and when I tell friends Belles are not supposed to be that good at bass they look at me like I am from Mars. I have my sub SET for 70hz-18hz and it is not so much a hearing the bass as feeling the bass. When I start building a home theater the sub will go from listening room to home theater. I have only been running my sub for about 8 months but I don't feel it makes or breaks the system but it is nice having that super low end filler that you feel more than hear.

post-15544-138192810943_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

How much Bass do you think you should get? Some of you use way too much Bass, I know I'll get hate mail for that, How much is enough Bass? It seems to be an endless subject.................BASS is not suppose to overpower the rest of the Music, but some like it that way. I have never heard Belles, but Khorns and La scala's sometimes have enough Bass, and sometimes they don't. I think alot depends on how they are being powered. Here's where I'll get in trouble, SET's, in my very limited hearing time with them, lacked Bass, never have heard VRD's, so no comment, now SS, it depends on output..............100 watts per of SS is sometimes weak on Bass, 100 watts per of McIntosh SS gives you all the Bass you want, the higher the wattage rating the better the Bass with SS..............just my un-trained ears telling me what I hear, actually, do you hear low Bass, or do you Feel low Bass?......................I think you feel it.......................not hear it...............Correct me if I'm wrong...........................

Bob, Thanks for the article but could you post
the rest of the article...? : ) I was just getting into that so I guess
I need to buy the book.
I bought my Belles because I was in an apartment and was never sure
where I would be living. I have been so happy with the Belles they
sound and look beautiful. I also have a sub but the Belles folded bass
horn is great without it. I always hear people complain about lack of
bass in La Scala and Belle but I don 't think the difference is really
that great.
When people hear my system and I mention that some people say they
don't have enough bass they just sort look at me like "your kidding
right". The folded bass horns are awsome thanks PWK

Mine do everything I throw at them so "just right" for my taste that all non audio folks that come by like them.

The Belles do not do the kick drum as nice as the Chorus II but mid of Chorus II does not come close to the Belle.

It would take a new room in a new house for me to get into K Horns.

I really do not want the poor WAF of a massive sub in the living room. Only one I would consider as an experiment is on of the tiny Sunfire or Definitive 10 inch cubes.

Then
I would most likely torture myself worring about needing to put the sub
right next to my stereo stand, and the vibrations and... ggrr.