schadenfreude

One entry found for schadenfreude.

Main Entry: scha·den·freu·de audio.gif

Pronunciation: 'shä-d&n-"froi-d&

Function: noun

Usage: often capitalized

Etymology: German, from Schaden damage + Freude joy

: enjoyment obtained from the troubles of others

I voted for schadenfreude because I have no bass troubles with my LS and SETs, I'm experiencing a little schadenfeude because others do. (but its all in their minds)

Pauln

Hmmm. Seams like the same ol story. La Scala's have no bass. I totally disagree with this statement presonally. Yes we all know they only travel down to 45-50hz but at exceptional output levels. I have never had a complaint about them. Besides when I want to reach a lower depth then thats what a sub is for anyway. I'll take mine even if they only reach the 45-50hz because they do it with much more authority then 75% of the speakers out there. And no Jeff, whisky would not make a difference.

scooter

Not quite 5 on the left coast but the whisky sounds good to me. I dont have La Scalas but I do have Belles. I happen to think that the bass on the Belles is accurate and musical. Have not noticed any problems. The Belles replaced cornwalls which many folks believe to be the premier bass reproducer in the heritage line. I have to say the overall presentation on the Belles is better. If I didnt think so I would move the cornwalls back into the living room! I know others will not agree but that is what makes the world go around!

Josh

Josh