Sitting here in silence

RTTR

I'm sitting here in silence because my neighbor just came over and complained that his office/study room was rattling because I had my F-3s on a 100x2 amp cranked to a little over 50% on the volume knob, now I'm too scared to even turn it on at all, I don't want to get on his bad side.

He asked me if I could please turn my sub down cause he is trying to study, I told him I didn't have a sub.

EDIT: DrWho when you read this, I guess I won't be needing that Sub-12 now.

That has always been a nightmare of a thought for me, but so far me or the other guys in the house haven't gotten a single complaint from our neighbours. As a matter of fact, late in the fall I went out to barbeque at 3.30am one night and my neighbour whos in his late 40s was blasting Metallica's S&M from his living room. Lucky to have cool neighbours. Some people are bothered even by the slighest of noises coming from the house next door.

Hey Jeff! Been there done that. My former next door neighbor is a soprano and we heard her warming up all the time. Every now and then, I would crank up the tunes, and during a soft passage would hear the phone ring. "Please turn it down." I would say come on over it's like a concert the sound is great. She would reply, "we can hear it just fine from here." As you know, in Texas everyone assumes everyone else has a gun, so confrontations are minimal. We are still great friends even though they moved away several years ago out of the country (Texas).

The distance between our houses is around forty feet and expands at an angle.

In college we would crank up the stereo and open the room door so we could hear it when we took showers way down the hall, no one complained because everyone did it. Rock on Sigma Chi!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that has had this happen.

The passed 20 minutes or so I've been adjusting volume and running over to his place asking him if he could hear it

Now I know what my limit is. He's happy, I'm happy.

And I will probably still get the Synergy Sub-12 because he's not always home *wink wink*

Declaration of Independence - Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Constitution - Life, Liberty, and Property

Which document do we go by?

Well, the constitution is the latter document, and the one that defines the USA. Property rights are the cornerstone of wealth creation around the world, without which there is no investment or in other words, long term commitment.