GO BEARS

artto

For you too, I guess...[:P]

Bill

I think we will have another great year. Another trip to the show? Can't say. If I hear the stats correctly "no loosing team has made it twice in a row", then I guess not.

Here's hoping that your 'Hawks will continue to be distracted by the bitter loss (and questionable calls) for the majority of next year so that our team can take back the division.......

Seriously though, given the Rams' poort and sloppy performance in recent years, we need all the help we can get. But, a complete overhaul of the coaching staff is a start (love the hire of our new defensive coordinator).

[Ahem] in the spirit of good sportmanship, sorry for your loss............

See you in the division next year.

And Artto, the Bears had a very good year and will be in the hunt again next year.

Carl.

P.S. In addition to the questionable calls, the Seahawks reverted back to their old error-prone ways in the biggest game of the year. And at least one national writer noted that Holmgren's play management at the end of the first half reminded him of Mike Martz. How ironic is that??

Yeah, after calming down a bit, Seattle did take a few shots at their own foots. Clearly the 4 dropped passes by Jerremy Stevens didn't help. The last minute and half in the 2nd quarter? I'm still scratching my head.

Don't forget the RAMS are my #2 team! I hope they get it together as well, just not over my Seahawks. [:D]

"P.S. In addition to the questionable calls, the Seahawks reverted back to their old error-prone ways in the biggest game of the year. And at least one national writer noted that Holmgren's play management at the end of the first half reminded him of Mike Martz. How ironic is that??"

That's a GREAT take by whoever the writer of that article was. Reminds me much of Super Bowl XXXVI (Rams/Pats), where the on-paper-superior Rams shot themselves in the foot via Martz's poor play calling and clock management. I must say that this surprised me - I thought Holmgren would be much better prepared with two weeks to get ready. But then again, the Steeler "D" did a pretty good job of making Seattle look bad - gotta give Pitt their props, they beat the #3, #2, and #1 seeds in the AFC, and the #1 seed in the NFC. That's not by accident, either.

Seattle is facing a tougher season next year. In recent years, Super Bowl losers have bad seasons in the following year. There's something about losing that game that players seem to "lose the edge" that next season. Adding to the problem is the fact that Alexander will likely not be in a Seattle uniform next year. The division sucks, though, so they might well end up in the playoffs again, as the best of a weak division.

Regarding the Bears: I will never become convinced this team can win a Super Bowl until they do. The main cause for doubt? Jerry Angelo and the McCaskeys. Regarding Mr. Angelo, I see a distinct similarity between the Angelo ran Buccaneers and the present day Bears: Great defense, High School offense. Rex has promise, but I am NOT convinced that this staff and organization can build an offense capable of winning a Super Bowl. The McCaskeys might well be the worst owners in football if not for Bidwell in AZ. The Bears have a good cap situation, but I keep waiting for the McCaskeys to mess it up somehow. Where this will begin? When Briggs asks for a better deal.