Cornwalls

Chris Elm

For the $225 difference over the '63 Heresy's (H-1000's) you were considering, the Cornwalls will surely please! Expect a much better and bigger performance out of them worth every penny of $800 considering a new pair will set you back a cool $3K with a $500 discount.

For the $225 difference over the '63 Heresy's (H-1000's) you were considering, the Cornwalls will surely please! Expect a much better and bigger performance out of them worth every penny of $800 considering a new pair will set you back a cool $3K with a $500 discount.

DITTO

DITTO

Uh yah!, you'll be MUCH happier with CW's than with Heresies, providing you can afford the real estate for them. They are shallow but have a BIG FACE to them, which has been known to break the WAF. But they have Bass aplenty, something the Heresy lacks.

I use my CW's with Classic Rock, Jazz, Classical and HT useage (have em all around me). I love em.

$800 is an okay price if they're in pretty nice shape. Most of mine have some scratches, needed a driver or two replaced, etc, and I give around $500 per pair generally. But $800 is good if they're pretty and nearby.

GO FOR IT!

Michael

I was lucky enough to get mine for considerably less but I'm also investing about $300 more on rebuilding the crossovers, a diaphragm replacement, new grille cloth and some veneer refinishing/rework. By the time I'm finished, they should be running at 100% and looking 100% too. I'm waiting for the crossovers to come back (rebuilt by forum member Bob Crites) but even with the speakers needing some TLC, I can certainly say that I consider a clean, working pair of Cornwalls with a good oiled walnut finish to worth $800.

Uh yah!, you'll be MUCH happier with

CW's than with Heresies, providing you can afford the real estate for

them. They are shallow but have a BIG FACE to them, which has been

known to break the WAF.

Shallow? My Cornwalls are about the same size as my Boston Acoustics A200's they replaced... only about four times (4X) deeper!

Yeah, the wife noticed them immediately. [:o]

I had a set of Corns. I don't miss them.

JPM, what didn't they do for you? Just curious.

With the right crossovers, amp and source, they are just very satisfying. I've been painting up in the apartment today listening to my Cornwalls. They are the cat's meow. Smooth, balanced and lovely.

Chris

Yeah, I am curious too. What did you replace them with? What amp and source were you running?

Chris, they just didn't work for me. I don't want to get into it. I'm sure happy with what I have now though. You know, it's really all about the music anyway. I like to close my eyes and say adiós to the present. Happy listening!

Interesting, I thought the very same thing about my La Scala's, so I sold them and went back to my Cornwalls. I am happy as a lark again. As the old saying goes, to each his own. Enjoy the music!