HELP..... Cornwall Vault Storeage

Gilbert

Well, I shipped Member Cleve's CF3's to him in New York using Forward Air. They provided a huge motorcycle sized plastic container that didn't even have loops or areas where I could tie the speakers down.

No offense but you can't just bring a pair of speakers to a forward air terminal and expect to ship them out. You have to pack them BEFORE you get there. :)

That's like bringing an unboxed stereo reciever to the fed ex counter and saying... "Hi, I'd like to ship this!"

I hadn't done this before, and they don't bring the container to my house. It was the best I could do.....What you supposed to do, crate them up , THEN put them in the Container???

And yes, I do take offense. Bigbusa- you're writing to us as if we're all idiots here. We've shipped before, and really care about our Klipsch freight.

btw Bigbusa, ' well, then forward air needs to man up and pay for them with their insurance.' They're never going to pay the 'collector value' of a pair of '63 decorator Cornwalls that aren't being manufactured anymore. You're probably going to collect only your actual cost to purchase those irreplaceable speakers. Not a gamble I'm willing to take with a pimply faced 22 year old forklift driver who was out drinking til 4 am with the local cheap date.

Sir, you obviously don't want to be part of this endeavor and you don't have to be. Good day.

Michael

Well Said Michael

The vault works great. I got the cherry cornwalls here using the vault and they will now go to Gilbert using the vault. That is kinda cool.

It's a bit of a pain, but way easier that building your own shipping vessel. I think that Busa is a little naive if he thinks a shipping company is going to "Man Up" over a forklift accident for a one time shipper!

Josh

Hey fellas,

Interesting topic. I've been toying with "possibly" selling my LaScalas. I want to see how the Ultra subs pan out though first. Anyways, I have the original boxes for the 'Scalas. If I ship them, should I double box or foam wrap the outside of the box, or just put them on pallets in the original boxes and strap them down? Anyone have experiences with original boxes and how they hold up when pallets are used? (I saw the pics of the RF boxes, but I think they were shipped un-palleted.)

Jeff

Hey fellas,

Interesting topic. I've been toying with "possibly" selling my LaScalas. I want to see how the Ultra subs pan out though first. Anyways, I have the original boxes for the 'Scalas. If I ship them, should I double box or foam wrap the outside of the box, or just put them on pallets in the original boxes and strap them down? Anyone have experiences with original boxes and how they hold up when pallets are used? (I saw the pics of the RF boxes, but I think they were shipped un-palleted.)

Jeff

You might be VERY pleased with those LS and the Ultra sub system. I know a guy who has that for a HT rig and it ROCKS!

If you do have to ship LS, I'd put em in factory boxes, then strap to pallet for truck freight. That's safest. But try to sell close to home. Personal pickup is ALWAYS BEST, imho.

M

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking the status of where this will be going after Gil gets his Cornwalls[:)]

I sent Michael an email on this - not sure you got it. Have we collectively decided where this was going to go? I was looking to get a "yes or no" from Michael on this. If that's a problem, maybe DizRotus can store it?

Or, if plans changed, etc.....just looking to follow up on this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for word that they're headed to DTW.

Pick'ed up Josh's, now mine -- gimme gimme gimme [:D], Cherry veneered (by the factory) Cornwalls this past Monday. Unlike my decorator cornwalls delivered by FedEx, these baby's arrived alive and w/o any shipping pains.

They are laqured fini..shed, and the cane grill cloths are absolutely minty. I would rate their exterior condition at 95%+. I have not had the oportunity to listen to them, just admire them. The wife just cracked a gentle smile, and rolled her eyes while I gingerly mucseled them off the truck and out of the vault. It was then (Monday evening at 8pm) that I told her I was buying them.([6], sneaky, yes I know). What can I say, she truely loves me, she's a fantasticly wonderful woman, best friend, loving wife....and she's mine all mine.

I rolled the cherry puppies into the bedroom on a dolly, and parked them there. Won't get a chance to listen to them until Sunday, tomorrow. They really are beautiful. They stand out, and yet blend gently into the soft harmony of our master bedroom setting. Definitely keepers.

Out of my own guilt for buying them, I was contemplating selling my FedEx customized Decorator's AND/OR my 67's, but that stupid thought is behind me now[:D]. Well, maybe the decorator's, but only if the mula is right. Otherwise, I'm gonna try my hand at some exotic wood re-veneering. Not that they're that bad, but the decorator is the perfect speaker for this kinda project.

Today's not looking to good for me, got up before the crack of dawn to watch the time trials for the first Formula One GP of 2006. Then I had to till-up some soil and clean up the backyard for the wife. Now I'm off to the office to try to find my desk. It's buried deep with paper work. 3 projects going out this coming week, with too many more on the near horizon. If I don't dig myself out now, it's only gonna get nastier for me later. Gonna be a very busy year, which is good.

ANYWAY, Mr. DizRotus, I will email you shortly to get the shipping info.

I hope to get the vault to Forward Air this coming Wednsday, March 15th. Thanks for stepping up to the plate and accepting the honor of being "Keeper Of The Vault". It's not really that big, but I simply just don't have the room. Too many speakers in the house [:o].

Gilbert,

Glad that they arrived in one piece! Also am glad that you like them - they are pretty darn nice. I have not seen another factory cherry pair. I am sure that Ill regret letting them go but I am glad that they are going ot someone who appreciates them - otherwise I would not have sold them.

Ill give you a call at your office next week.

Josh

It's a Lotus/Caterham 7 on steroids. When I built it, they didn't make the long version of the Caterham 7 that's currently available. The Rotus was 10" longer and 4" wider than a Lotus/Caterham &, all of the extra size in the cockpit, better to accomodate my 6'1" frame. The Rotus frames were built in Hagerstown, MD by Dennis Hedges; Rotus, Ltd. was owned by the late Christ Custer. The company is now defunct.

If I were to build another, I would do the stretch Caterham and use 2.0 liter Ford power rather than the 3.5 liter Buick/Rover V8.

Now, now Greg, calm down, calm down. Deeeeeep breath, reach for the beer, take a sip, another sip, now chug....okay that should be better.

Geez Louise,.... what's the world coming to, when you can't take a humerous (IMHO) jab at a politician. I am an avid quail hunter and have been doing it for well over 30yrs, and I know full well that it is an inherently dangerous sport. It was obvious to me that the press covering the story knew nothing about it. I know full well that what happen was an honest accident, and could happen to anyone that participates in the sport, including me.

As for Teddy boys' accident (?), well, I think we all know that that girls panties weren't forced into the glove box from the vehicles impact with the guard rail or water. I like T.K. and every other career politician about as much as a chronic case of hemeroids.

By the way, I typically (95% of the time) lean to the right. But please don't think that means my eyes are welded shut.

• 2 weeks later...