Which version of heresy would be the best center for Forte 1?

bdbaba

Well the forwardness of the heresy can be fixed by boosting the woofer volume an extra 3dB. It was designed with 3dB of corner gain in mind so mounting the speaker in a normal center channel position will require some attenuation. The crossover mod can be easily done for around $10.

But even then, I'd argue the academy should be a better match.

Thanks again.

It seems more cost effective--and sound effective--to get a single Forte or pair of Fortes rather then an Academy. The one on ebay right now is already over $600! Quite steep when you can get a pair of Fortes for less.

If it were not for the shipping to Hawaii! The Academy alone would be about $90.

"Doh! Stupid Paradise!"

• 3 weeks later...

Aloha Everyone,

Thanks for all the advice. I decided to get both a heresy 2 and an academy to see which one sounds the best with the fortes. Although I am still evaluating, the heresy 2 definitely seems to be the winner. It is clearer sounding and just seems to fit right in soundwise with the fortes.

I am going to give it another week auditioning, but it looks like the heresy is going to stay in the center spot until another forte turns up.

Now to get Dean to upgrade my crossovers!

Thanks again.