Chicago MC30's anyone?

kev313

Spring cleaning time!

As I mentioned in another thread, I am in the process of moving and clearing the unused gear clutter. I have decided that two full systems is enough for me. I think it might be bad for my mental health to have unused gear lying about. It has started to justify a horders or collectors mentality, the pursuit of which seems to bring no real pleasure and certainly is bad for my finances.

Not the best lead in for a sale, but what are you gonna do?

I have a pair of MC-30s that are basically mint. Totally unscathed. Perfect original lettering (I will say 99.9% because I am sure there is something I missed but, really, there may not be!) and...the big kicker for those of you who ARE collectors......consecutively numbered.

That's right. A NOS matched pair in tube speak. With original owners manual to boot. Price is $2200.00.

I am offering them up to Chicago forum members first for local pick-up and inspection. Anyone interested can email me thorugh the forum. I just want to be clear that first priortiy will be given for local pick-up.

Anyone who picks 'em up at the above price will get the special "forum pick-up bonus" - a pair of walnut Model 700s. OK, the cabs have seen better days, but the components are just fine.

I think that is a steal, but, really, it is just a lot easier for me to offer for pick-up. I am a bit out of boxes at the current time! I just double boxed a pair of Moondogs for a fellow forum member and, after surveying the packing material, realize I really have nothing left to do another safe packing job on 4 large heavy items.

I'll try to get some pics up today or tomorrow.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consecutive Mc30 are very rare, as I understand it. Even ordered as a factory pair, they were usually not consecutive. Also, many were sold singly. Besides, I think I remember Kev saying something about a NOS matched quad of WE 350B that he was going to give to the buyer... hmmm - maybe not...

Consecutive Mc30 are very rare, as I understand it. Even ordered as a factory pair, they were usually not consecutive. Also, many were sold singly. Besides, I think I remember Kev saying something about a NOS matched quad of WE 350B that he was going to give to the buyer... hmmm - maybe not...

Uhhh...yeah. I have the really rare ones. You know, they aren't engraved bases, but they have "Western Electric" written in marker on the envelope.

Silversport - It's painful either way. Which is worse - not having the cash handy to buy? Or having the cash but losing the deal to someone else? Pain is pain.

I want to hear 'tube magic'.

Fingers crossed.... tap tap tap & all that good stuff. Maybe a benedryl would be good for me?

meagain,

I agree...my problem is I could free up the cash for this...it would take some movin' 'round but...do I NEED ANOTHER piece of electronic gear??? (wrong place to ask this question, I know!) and what do I do with some of the gear I have now...plus I would have to finally make the leap off the cliff to tubes...YIIIIIKES!!! Please someone buy this and put me outta my misery...[;)]

Bill