Wanted in Chicagoland: Klipschorns (what are YOU looking for?)

meagain

There, I said it.... I'm looking for a pair of Khorns. I totally missed the close for a pair on Ebay the other night that went for $2037. I can't begin to say how sick I am about it so I'm putting this out there. I hope some day, some year, to find another local pair, but I'm not hopeful. I don't think there's alot to be had in Chicago.

I'm on the hunting. Since I'm on the hunt... I'd like to know what you guys might be looking for - then maybe we can all have a 'hook up' thread to privately give others a heads up for obscure sales we hunters might find. Know what I mean?

So - if anyone has any leads to khorns for me - find me?

There, I said it.... I'm looking for a pair of Khorns. I totally missed the close for a pair on Ebay the other night that went for $2037. I can't begin to say how sick I am about it so I'm putting this out there. I hope some day, some year, to find another local pair, but I'm not hopeful. I don't think there's alot to be had in Chicago.

I'm on the hunting. Since I'm on the hunt... I'd like to know what you guys might be looking for - then maybe we can all have a 'hook up' thread to privately give others a heads up for obscure sales we hunters might find. Know what I mean?

So - if anyone has any leads to khorns for me - find me?

You've got 5 Heritage Dealers withing 25 miles of you. I'd kill to have one within 90 miles! Go buy a new pair and 30 years from now, you will thank me. The smell of fresh cut lumber can't be beat either!

Meagain,

I thought you already had a pair 'o K'Horns??? There are a pair at Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates...great people but they may be AK-3 network models in Black...I didn't care for them comparing to my AK-4 networked K'Horns but it may have been the room...the RF-7s there sounded great...anyway, they come up from time to time in the Chicagoland, Illinois area...I'll pass it along to you if I see any more...it IS a sickness but I LOVE mine...must tip the cap to Chicago_Pete, Gil, dodger and MANY more here for giving me the courage to buy mine and rebuild them seeing as I have NO woodworking (well, not much) skills...LOVE the K'Horns!

Bill

3 reasons why i want another pair:

1. Need another pair for across the house in another living space.

2. Home Theatre/5:1 music

3. Hubby wants to record his music in surround.

4. I love them!

I'm actually freekishly desponded over missing the Ebay auction close. I had even talked to the seller a bit prior. I've never done anything near as bad as that before with Ebay. They had a similar pattern to mine also. Hopefully the buyer will get them home & have a change of heart - and also read this post & find me! Not gonna happen huh.

...pounding head on table......

If your willing to drive to Des Moines I could put you in touch with 2 pairs of oak horns. I just bought a pair of Forte II's from this guy. He is moving to Europe and needs to get rid of them. He also has some hafler amps, two velodyne subs, and some other stuff. e-mail me or PM and I'll give you his number. Kind of hard to get a hold of but I finally did it to get my forte II's I heard one pair of the khorns and they sounded good to me. The finish looked good but I didn't inspect closely. They were originally advertised in the Des Moines register about two weeks ago. You could archieve search to find the add.

3 reasons why i want another pair:

1. Need another pair for across the house in another living space.

2. Home Theatre/5:1 music

3. Hubby wants to record his music in surround.

4. I love them!

Ahh, so you have decided to take to the deeper pockets path......have fun on the journey. BTW - that's 4 reasons ..... ....... ....... probably in reverse order of preference?

I stopped at Audio/Video System in Rochester Hills, MI today, to look at Cornwalls. The GM said he didnt know where a pair where that could be demoed, and did not have pricing. (yes, they are a heritage dealer) He said he is calling the rep tonight, and will give me a call with pricing. He even told me that they could take up to 5 months to be built, depending on the factories mood. Is this how long it really takes???

WANTED-

Cornwalls (I'd even consider black)

If your willing to drive to Des Moines I could put you in touch with 2 pairs of oak horns. I just bought a pair of Forte II's from this guy. He is moving to Europe and needs to get rid of them. He also has some hafler amps, two velodyne subs, and some other stuff. e-mail me or PM and I'll give you his number. Kind of hard to get a hold of but I finally did it to get my forte II's I heard one pair of the khorns and they sounded good to me. The finish looked good but I didn't inspect closely. They were originally advertised in the Des Moines register about two weeks ago. You could archieve search to find the add.

The day after you gave me the referral merkin, I enjoyed a pleasant and informative conversation with him on 2-2-06. During which I learned that he has high end gear and had it priced accordingly. Todd seems like a great guy. Have his prices dropped since then?

Meagain, I tried to PM you and e-mail you let me know if you didn't get it.

Corvette: I think he is coming down on the Khorns. I don't know what he told you but I think he needs to get rid of them. They looked pretty good. His other gear looked good also. He said he'd take 1000 for each velodyne. I don't know if that is a good price or not. The Haflers looked good, didn't ask for a price. The fortes he was kind of asking 600 but as soon as I shot the prices of what I had paid and other people on the forum paid he agreed to 500 pretty quick. 500 wasn't a steal but not out of the ball park either. I might could have Daned (I'm danish heritage) him down more but didn't bother.