The Monster line conditioner for $150 after rebate

RTTR

This was talked about before but I can't find the thread about it, the Monster Power 3500 MKII line conditioner for $150 after rebate, for that price does it actaully work?

I mostly want something good for surge protection but also having a line conditioner that works would be nice.

I don't know if the sale is still on but I picked up the same Monster HTS3500 MkII on Buy.com for $159.00 BEFORE a $50.00 rebate making the final price $109.00! I dislike most everything the Company Monster stands for but this deal was just too good knowing what I was looking for in terms of power conditioning.

If you choose the "Budget" shipping option, the shipping was FREE.

Good luck,

I bought one and it sure looks nice...checks the line voltage, cleans a bit and is a big surge suppressor...buy.com. was $159 before rebate and I took the free shipping, about 5 days...blue light looks nice with the Mc...think the sale is through the 28th of Feb.

Bill

I bought one and it sure looks nice...checks the line voltage, cleans a bit and is a big surge suppressor...buy.com. was $159 before rebate and I took the free shipping, about 5 days...blue light looks nice with the Mc...think the sale is through the 28th of Feb.

Bill

I bought one just because $109 was so hard to beat. I plugged my coffee maker into it and my coffee has never tasted better. Definitely richer, bolder taste, blacker background, less hash.

So any way I bought one of these. Seems to work fine my primary goal was a decent surge protector and this offers filtration as well. I can see my house input power varies over about 10 V AC throughout the day. I also hear a noticeable ever so slightly enhanced smoothness I am sure is more placebo than actual performance enhancement but I am happy with it so far.

This is what we use in the studio:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Product_Id=100991

You get surge protection and noise reduction for $70 (and you don't have problems with wall warts covering up extra holes).

They also sell a 6 outlet version if you wanna save some money:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Product_Id=100981

(you save a whole whopping $10).

So do they work? Well let's just say we measured a 40dB drop in the

noise floor and the last power surge that tripped the breakers didn't

result in any damaged equipment. There is no need to go with the

overpriced monster stuff.

I also second the recommendation to go with furman. And they also have

more expensive models available if you wanted to spend more money too.