Poll: Are you the original owner of your Klipsch Heritage Speaker

SCOOTERDOG

My 1980 Cornwalls (CZSL) will never leave my possesion. There's something special about being the original owner. I'd like to be buried with them however 2 additional plots for those monsters may get expensive.[;)]

Think cremation. Those wooden boxes will flame up nicely with your old body [;)] A slightly bigger urn and you are all set to spend eternity with killer equipment.

Purchased new: Heresys- '75, Cornwall - 83, Khorns - January '90. I love my Khorns, but I sure miss those Cornwalls - wish I had one of those for a center channel right now!

I first heard, and saw, Khorns in Germany at the base movie theater circa 1963. My dad was into audio but we never had room for Khorns, being a military family. My first serious speakers were AR 2Ax's - Pretty good sound for the day but definitley not Klipsch.

My 1980 Cornwalls (CZSL) will never leave my possesion. There's something special about being the original owner. I'd like to be buried with them however 2 additional plots for those monsters may get expensive.[;)]

Have you considered using them as your coffin?

HarleyMo,

Due to Polk Audio's excessive advertising back in the 80's, I developed a theory about audio advertising that, for the most part, holds true:

"The amount of advertising is inversely proportional to the sound quality". I loved the lab coats in their ads - what a laugh.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, but I still believe in my theory.

Edit: And congrats on your decision so long ago.

Gary, I just can't believe you would be so selfish and not let someone elso have them to enjoy when you are gone. You know that in fifty years one of your grand kids could be one of the top posters on the Klipsch forum and have bragging rights about owning those clasic speakers.

Steve

I don't know - what if the Egyptian Pharoahs were right after all?

New Original LaScala 2005 with AL-4 networks

I was afraid the LS II would be ugly or expensive.

Thank goodness!

My fears were confirmed.

I notice no one seems to have bought one yet and the old origianl LS is back in the lineup.

This may seal the fate of the LS II because it specs out to be the same speaker.

Unfortunately, the only new Klipsch speakers I bought were my Epic CF-2's (95), which I have since given to my brother-in-law. But it was these speakers that sent me on my journey to Klipsch Heritage. I had heard La Scala's in 1978 while TDY in Ramstein, Germany, and knew someday that I would own a pair. Only took 24 years to get 'em. [:D]

Mike

Me too, bought my ProMedia Ultra 5.1 new in 2005 when I upgraded my Dell Computer Network and was so impressed that it got me to remembering a friend's words in 1979 "Since you like the rock n roll so much, you have to get a pair of Klipsch speakers". Always figured I would, but thinking back now I don't know why it took me 26 years to get around to it either, other than had to hear the Klipsch sound and that got me to thinking, why not upgrade everything else.

Justification for buying used Heritage - 18 pair of Heritage + Academy + RSW-15, all for less than the cost of a single new pair of Klipschorns.

Couldn't afford them 25 years ago when there was an actual place that sold them in Quebec City (I recall the La Scala selling for C$3000 a pair back then!) and bought them second-hand from a cousin for C$800. It was till a bit of money back then, and they had lots of scratches too.

No-one sells them now, that I know of.

I can totally relate Gary. I will however pass mine on to my youngest son who loves Klipsch at 11 years old. One of the good things about being in the USAF stationed overseas was my exposure to Klipsch and other Hi-Fi at an early age. I have never regretted my purchase Cornwall purchase in 1980.

I am the original owner of my 1976 Cornwalls. I went looking at JBL 100's & 200's. After a long listening session I left with Cornwalls. Never been sorry.

I was buying some used Mcintosh stuff from a guy back in the 80s and he had those JBL100s. I was really happy I had my 1976ish La Scalas after hearing those tubs. Maybe it was just how he had them set up. Bought my Scalas new and they still sound great.

George