Best multi channel amp 1000 or less?

oldtimer

Eventually I would like to upgrade to separates. I have been leaning toward the Sunfire amps because they run cool which would be a really nice thing in the summer. Any others I should look for in the roughly 1000 or less range to power four Forte II's and Academy?

If you can get a Sunfire multichannel amp around $1000 grab it and do not look back,there is nothing even close to $1000 that can compete with a Sunfire(the cheapest multichannel they make 5 x 200W if I am not mistaken).

Here in Canada no Sunfire unless you pay $4000CAN or more.

Not only SUnfire amps run very cool they are very smooth and this is a huge plus when used with Klipsch speakers.The combination is simply great.

Thanks for the advice so far. Just missed a 1000 dollar deal for a series one sunfire. I am surprised by the lack of responses so far, post a question like this on the 2 channel board and you'd have 50 different answers and a flame war in the making....

Good separates are hard to find.. Aragon, B&K, Sunfire etc. There are many Multi channel amps that actually make klipsch speakers sound great, (like Mcintosh, and you pay for it too) and a few that make them sound terrible.. (names withheld, so I do not piss people off..LOL)

Everyone will tell you with Heritage you need that first watt to twenty watts, to be delivered fast and flawlessly, with headroom in your amp and the ability to give great dynamics too. More power the better for HT, but again remember that first watt to the crash rumble watts necessary is what is needed. Even commercial amps with a great pre amp might be the way to go IMO to go sometimes. Think clean ones like Mackie or QSC (Which klipsch uses in the labs all day and very very little problems at all!!)

Even though our Klipsches run to 100 WPC too a bigger amp will run cooler... THAT SAID>>> I am not so sure a 1000 WPC would be a good choice at all if you could not get a good sound out of it again from the 1st watt to whatever is necessary too. You just have to listen and read and get advice listen some more..and take a leap of faith.. I did and am very happy.

I also have the Theater Grand IV And Signature200x7 Series Sunfire separates.

I am surprised by the lack of responses so far, post a question like this on the 2 channel board and you'd have 50 different answers and a flame war in the making....

LOL. The folks who hang in the HT forum are a little more laid back than the highly opinionated 2-channel guys. They love tubes, ya know [;)] I am a closet SET-lover too but I dare not mention that too loudly.

I would echo sentiments above. I would wait just a little bit and save a few more ducats to up the budget a little. You'll eventually be glad you did. I recently bought a pair of Sunfire separates (7x200 amp for $1800, B-Stock) and a Sunfire Theater Grand I (with new remote) for $600. I will upgrade the Theater Grand next year but I just needed a place holder while I remodel.

Indy has both the Aragon and Sunfire lines. They're different animals for sure and I know he's pleased with both. Just buy used and be patient, saving a little money each month.

Chris

Indy has both the Aragon and Sunfire lines. They're different animals for sure and I know he's pleased with both.

Yes I am.. The Aragon Pre Amp and Aragon 200x7 for the upstairs system (With 2 Klipschorns for a center used an older vertical now on it's side Cornwall II and 4 rs 7's.... and the RSW 15 it is a WONDERFUL match. 61" Samsung DLP HDTV.

The "dedicated" HT is the Sunfire TG IV. And Sunfire Signature 200x7 amp too. Look below.. It also is incredible.. with the La Scala HT setup.

Outlaw just announced B stock 7125s available first come first serve at a GREAT price. These are amps returned from an upgrade program they offered to those wanting the bigger amps that were on backorder. They offered the 7125's as a sub to use while waiting for stock on the 7500/7700's. Returned amps have been QC'd etc. $899.00.

My choices are Aragon 1st, Rotel 2nd, sunfire 3rd. Just my order of what I like, feel free to persuade me.

=========================

I think you would be fine either way... All three are great.

Keep in mind the Aragon line is discontinued. (When it is gone it is gone.) I do not worry about the Aragon 2007 amp, but if that Stage One HT processor goes .... You "might" be out of luck. That said, how many of us have equipment that really goes bad? It has been my experience so far, not much goes wrong unless your rough , overdrive, or drop, or spill something into the audio gear. I still have some gear from when I was a kid.. And it STILL rocks.

Rotel is a great name...

Sunfire also is a great name as well. The thing I like about the Theater Grand IV pre amp was that any future upgrades can be loaded through a cd to update the pre amp. There has not been any wiz bang sound formats in the last 2 years or so. I am pretty confident the idea was if there was.... You could download it to your Sunfire Pre amp to enjoy.. (That's the thought at least!) We shall see.