Best Center Match For CW II's?

boom3

I am looking to replace the center channel speaker on my HT set-up with one of the current Klipsch center units. The current unit is OK but it is half of a pair that need to be shifted to another room.

The current HT set-up is 4 CW IIs in the four coners of a 16 x 25 room with vaulted ceiling. Receiver is a Yamaha RX-2500 (I think) so power is not an issue. The monitor is centered on a stand that is about 24 inches high. There is a lot of clear space above the monitor-about 8 feet or so to the peak of the room, so perhaps the center can be mounted above the monitor. The current center is on the floor behind the monitor stand which is largely open.

Thanks in advance!

The only match that Klipsch recommends is the

Academy but it is long out of production. I am using a Heresy 1 as a center for

my Fort'e 1 mains and it blends well. If you want to buy new, the H3 would most

likely be the best match, though not perfect, pretty darn good. There is

no current center that would match well with your corns. If you want to have a heritage

HT, you need to stay with heritage speakers.

Nothing current is going to be ideal. (ie. H III or CW III)

You need one of the following:

Another Cornwall II

A Heresy II

An Academy

Nothing else will work quite right.

Wasn't the Klipsch Factory Store on eBay selling a single Black HII for like $195 plus shipping.

Ultimately an exact replica of the mains is Ideal, though I've got an Academy center, works really good with the Chorus 1's, but, a Heresy II works 10 times better, one thing though make sure you have bucking magnets installed, as the magnetic field will destroy a CRT television.

Since the Chorus 1's actually replaced the Cornwall in the 90's, I'm guessing there a fairly close match to each other.

If you decide to go the Academy route, I've found that a SW10 II positioned in a corner, near the front of your HT, used only on the center out to help where the Academy lacks, is a VERY positive thing in keeping a similar soundstage as sounds pan across the front soundstage.

I have tested an Academy, KLF-C7, and KV-4 and found them all to me more similar than dissimilar. My current theater has an Academy centered between my Cornwall II's. When I switched to the KLF it was very close with the KLF a very slight more forward sounding than the Academy. The KV-4 was a bit more relaxed in the mid but seemed to go a bit deeper than the Academy, which may be due to the size of the speaker. All 3 went well with the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cornwall's although I do prefer the sound of the Academy. If you can find any of these at a good price, grab them.

<===== Another Cornwall of course..this is how you mount it

Laters,

Jeff

Yeah, we could do that...certainly have the room. But finding just 1 CW II is rather hard...

But it is SOOOOOOO worth it......trust me and "EQ" - we know what having an ALL Coirnwall HT is all about - and it starts with your CENTER CHANNEL.

Find a way - no matter how long it takes - you won't regret it.